S
Posted By
sputnikv
Jul 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok, wherever I click, i get the pop-up stating that "the path with that name already exists…" The problem is that I can’t get out of it what-so-ever. This wouldn’t disturb me so much as I would otherwise save and reopen the document. The problem is that I can’t even do that. I can’t access any functions of the menu bar or any of the tools bars. I can still scroll by using my scroll wheel, but this is irrelevant as I can’t save my file. I’m trying to locate the source of the problem so that I may try renaming the path in question, though even if I could, I fear that I still won’t be able to do anything.

I suspect that the path rename window may exist behind my document, though I can’t access it. Expose won’t move the individual windows, and I can’t drag my main window out of the way to see if that’s the root of the problem. Please advise. If I cannot save, I run the risk of loosing my project.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

S
sputnikv
Jul 23, 2008
note: using command – s to save does not update the file in the finder.
B
Buko
Jul 23, 2008
I have no idea what you are talking about.

read this LenHewitt, "How To Get Help Quickly" #, 4 Mar 2004 8:27 am </webx?50>

and ask again?
S
sputnikv
Jul 23, 2008
the problem basically is that photoshop has locked up completely with a few exceptions. I can scroll through my document, though i can’t click on anything, menu bar included without prompting an error about a misnamed path. this makes it impossible to navigate my way out. key commands also seem completely ineffective.

don’t want to loose my work and i can’t find a way out of it. i suspect that the actual path renaming window is behind the actual main window but i can’t access or move it without being turned away by the error message.
S
sputnikv
Jul 23, 2008
sorry, i’m new here
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 23, 2008
Have you tried "Saving As" to a new name and to a different location?
L
Lundberg02
Jul 23, 2008
Shouldn’t the OP just do all the usual things?
I ‘ve never seen anything like what is being described, but it doesn’t sound like a PS problem.
B
Buko
Jul 23, 2008
yeah do keyboard shortcuts work to save .

have you hit enter key?
B
Buko
Jul 23, 2008
Are you trying to save a path?
KC
KEV_CHAMBERLAIN
Jul 23, 2008
I suspect that the path rename window may exist behind my document

The path rename window is part of the "Path" palette which is usually attached to the "Layers/Channels". Is this what you are referring to?
LG
lauris_gudas
Jul 29, 2008
PEOPLE!!!!!!Help me becouse i cant do enything with my photoshop cs2!!!!!!!when i press any tool it always shows not tool but small hand!!!!PLZ help me!!!!
JJ
John Joslin
Jul 29, 2008
Space bar stuck?
KC
KEV_CHAMBERLAIN
Jul 29, 2008
Lauris

You’ve started a new subject by adding on to the end of an existing thread. You won’t get as many replies that way and it means people can’t reply to the original topic; it’s best if you start a new topic.

But now we’re here…………you will get a small hand icon if you are pressing the space bar whilst in a Photoshop document. Are you holding down the space bar whilst trying to do anything else?
R
Ram
Jul 29, 2008
Lauris,

Just press the H key or the spacebar a number of times.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections