Posted By
unklchuk
Sep 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

U
unklchuk
Sep 14, 2006
Running PSCS2 at 9.0.2 for a while now. Works with 2 glitches. If I try to print from PS, it crashes. So I print from InDesign. When I open an image, an error message will pop up saying the activity I requested cannot be done. I haven’t knowingly requested any activity.

9.0.2 is on VersionTracker tonight. There’s a mention that folks running OSX.3.9 may wish to go back to PS9.0.1. But the link is to a membership site (MacFixit).

Thought it would be a popular topic here. But a search found no hits.

I’m wondering if my glitches might stem from 9.0.2 and what to do about it. TIA…
JS
Jeff_Schewe
Sep 14, 2006
See:
<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc1496e/50>

It’s a known issue with 9.0.2 and ther update has been withdrawn pending a fix.
R
Ram
Sep 14, 2006
As Jeff points out the 9.0.2 update was pulled (withdrawn) in just about 24 hours.
U
unklchuk
Sep 14, 2006
I’m wondering. Does the fact that it’s now up on Version Tracker (I just downloaded it) mean that a new version is out tonight? You’d think they’d call it 9.0.3 or at least mention the situation in the description. I didn’t see anything.

Comm I on the dmg file says it was created yesterday.

Even if it is new and improved, I don’t know that 9.0.2 can be installed over 9.0.2.

(Thanks for the responses.)
R
Ram
Sep 14, 2006
If and when 9.0.2 is released, you must revert to 9.0.1 in order to install it.

I see that "9.0.2" is also available through the Adobe Updater now. However, I’ll wait until Chris Cox says it’s OK —even though I’m on Tiger now.

[It’s not on the main Adobe downloads page yet.]
B
Bernie
Sep 14, 2006
It’s there now.
R
Ram
Sep 14, 2006
Thanks, Tom.
W
WilliamRobinson
Sep 14, 2006
From the Read me file:

"This 9.0.2 update replaces an earlier version that was briefly distributed via the Adobe Update Manager. This revised update addresses an issue discovered in the earlier release that could cause a crash when printing on systems running Mac OS 10.2.x or 10.3.x. If you previously installed the earlier 9.0.2 update and are affected by that issue, please re-install Photoshop CS2, then apply this update. If you are running Mac OS 10.4 or later, there is no need to reinstall & apply the update."
U
unklchuk
Sep 14, 2006
I just read that in the Read Me file, too.

With all the plugins, brushes, etc. that I’ve added to Photoshop, I view the requirement to trash the installation and reinstall before running 9.0.2 as burdensome.

I suppose there aren’t vast hordes of us using OSX.3.9 (so that we’d matter) but my view is that Adobe should take responsibility for their mistake – and produce an updater to fix the current installation.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 14, 2006
With all the plugins, brushes, etc. that I’ve added to Photoshop, I view
the requirement to trash the installation and reinstall before running
9.0.2 as burdensome. >>

The easiest thing to do is to Save all new Actions, Styles, Brushes etc. that you may make to your Presets Folder.

Then make, and KEEP, current Backup COPIES of both your Presets and Plug-in Folders.

If you then have to re-install Photoshop at any time, you just replace the newly-installed Presets and Plug-in Folders with copies of your Back-ups.
D
dhowe
Sep 14, 2006
We apologize for not being able to get a new updater out there so users on 10.2 and 10.3 would not have to re-install 9.0, but it was a question of getting something out sooner rather than later so that users on those platforms could benefit from the 9.0.2 fixes.
U
unklchuk
Sep 14, 2006
Thanks. I may decide to uninstall, reinstall and update.

If there’s any word or speculation on when an update that doesn’t require that might be available, that might inform my decision.
R
Ram
Sep 14, 2006
It sounds like this is it, Unkl.
KJ
Kathryn_Jenkins
Sep 14, 2006
So if I’m still using 10.3.9 but never installed the 9.0.2 update, presumably it’s OK to go ahead and install it now? Without trashing and reinstalling, that is?
B
Buko
Sep 14, 2006
You only need to reinstall is if you installed the old 9.0.2 update

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections