RS
Posted By
Rhonda_Studer
Jun 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m suddenly getting this message after trying to use the "Save for Web" option in Photoshop 7.0.1. I’ve done this a thousand times before with no problems. I tried to resave a file that I’ve previously exported for the web successfully, and it wouldn’t work either. I tried following the FAQ instructions for dealing with this error in OS 9, but can’t find my preferences folder for Photoshop with the new OSX structure!

I am running a 1.25 GHz G4 with both OS9 and X installed, but basically run everything in X. Plenty of RAM – 1024 MB. The only weird thing that’s happened lately was an unexpected power outage during a storm. That wiped out some of my preferences in my web browser, but that was the only effect I was aware of — and this is the first time since that happened that I’ve tried this particular operation. Everything else in Photoshop seems to be working okay…

Suggestions? Thanks in advance…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 1, 2004
How have you named your files, folders and drives?
This can happen when you have used UNIX-unfriendly characters like slashes, commas, hyphens etc. in your names.
RS
Rhonda_Studer
Jun 1, 2004
Hi Ann — all my file names are alpha numeric, both the old ones and new. And I haven’t made any changes to the type of files I’ve been working on (downloads from my digital camera) or how I’ve handled them. Like I said, I’m doing exactly the same thing I’ve done successfully several hundred (if not a thousand) times before. Which makes me feel like something somewhere has become corrupted in my software. Very strange and quite annoying!
R
Ram
Jun 1, 2004
Start by trashing your preferences files.

Username > Library > Preferences folder >
B
Buko
Jun 1, 2004
also trash save for web prefs
RS
Rhonda_Studer
Jun 1, 2004
Trashing the web prefs worked. There were a ton of them in there! So thanks to Buko for the suggestion and Ramon for directions on how to get there!
R
Ram
Jun 1, 2004
You’re welcome, Rhonda. Glad you fixed your problem.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections