RW
Posted By
Robert_Wilcott
Sep 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to create a menu page in photoshopCS to use on a DVD that I’m authoring in Sonic Reel DVD. Reel DVD will automatically create hot buttons from the layers created in photoshop. When I create the menu (or open the existing menu page from the Sonic Reel DVD tutorial) the page’s size is appx 1100k. But when I save it in photoshop, it becomes appx 650k, and it will not work as a menu page in Reel DVD. I can actually take the WORKING tutorial menu page and save it in another file folder, and then it won’t work as a menu page. I keep getting a message that says, "this image was not saved as a composite image."

I’ve tried everything I can think of, but everytime I save the 1100k images, they become 650k images and then, they don’t work. They look the same, they maintain all their layers and colors…they just don’t work…
HELP!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Bernie
Sep 25, 2006
So…what format are you saving as?
RW
Robert_Wilcott
Sep 25, 2006
I’m saving as a .psd.
B
Bernie
Sep 25, 2006
I know there is some compression in the PSD file format.

Are you sure this is the correct format to use?
RW
Robert_Wilcott
Sep 25, 2006
Reel DVD doesn’t specify what format to use. It just talks about photoshop files. When I open the photoshop file in the Reel DVD tutorial, it’s a .psd file, and it works straight out of the tutorial. But when I save it (with out changing at all) to another file folder (using the same file name), it won’t work in Reel DVD. I get a box that says it hasn’t been saved as a compisite image. The only thing I’ve done to it is save it.
L
LenHewitt
Sep 25, 2006
I keep getting a message that says, "this image was not saved as a
composite image."<<

Edit>Preferences>File Handling>Maximize PSD and PSB File compatibility>Always
RW
Robert_Wilcott
Sep 25, 2006
That did it! Thanks for the help!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections