magicgenie
Jul 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everyone

I’m using CS2 and OSX

I’ve joined a new company with rather a large disorganised photo collection. They’d like to organise around 30,000 photographs, the IT manager wondered if there was a way, I said i’d ask.

He says he’d like to, perhaps open 30,000 images from maybe 1 location and resave for example at 2 sizes, 1 high res and 1 low res and then save with a name to different locations.

Any thoughts anyone, I wondered if this was a little ambitious for Photoshop and thought perhaps it’s a Bridge thing?

thanks for reading, hope to hear from you, kind regards
Alex

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Jul 19, 2006
You may also want to look into Graphic Converter.

In any case, look into the possibility of running two actions (one for the LR and one for the HR images)

Also, when using Photoshop, it is not recommended to open the files via a network. Ideally you want to copy them locally (in this case it may be easier to install PS where the files are…) I would suspect it is the same with Bridge
ML
Mark_Larsen
Jul 19, 2006
or have a script do it for you.
M
magicgenie
Jul 19, 2006
Thanks guys…

So, are you saying I can do it or not? And Photoshop or Bridge? A
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Jul 19, 2006
I’m saying that you could do it in PS, but that Bridge may be better, but I don’t use bridge. I’m also saying you could look at Graphic Converter and giving some other related advice.

In any case, you’d run an action in a batch or a script could do it if you have the time/inclination to write (or find) one
AH
Alan_Harper
Jul 19, 2006
Photoshop has extensive AppleScript support, so (without really understanding the details), I would think that this would be exactly the right tool for the problem. Bridge has no AppleScript support, and I wouldn’t recommend it, as I suspect that you will want to have some conditional statements in the script sooner or later.

If you are going to do it with AppleScript, look into ScriptDebugger at Late Night Software.
CC
Conrad_Chavez
Jul 20, 2006
If you need JPEGs, a script already exists. The free Dr. Brown’s Services <http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html> scripts will let you do it using Photoshop or (if you want) Bridge. Dr. Brown’s Services contains a component called "1-2-3 JPEG." You get to save up to three versions of each image at different compression settings, in different subfolders.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections