Posted By
tmuldoon
Dec 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I have been tasked to take a bunch of large images (1 MB) and reduce them down to about 50-100kb. All are jpegs.

Does either paintshop pro or photoshop do this?

Right now, I only have Photoshop 5.0 – old!

Is there another simpler freeware/shareware program that will do what I am asking?

Would someone be able to point me to a link or site of how to do this on Photoshop or PaintShop Pro? (Me thinks it will to be too expensive to upgrapde my PS – so I might check out Paintshop pro…but it has to batch!)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks all!

Tmuld.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
broga
Dec 23, 2003
You could try Irfanview
Files>Batch conversion
Tick the advanced options box and reduce the quality

www.micromountain.com
"Tavish Muldoon" wrote in message
Hello,

I have been tasked to take a bunch of large images (1 MB) and reduce them down to about 50-100kb. All are jpegs.

Is there another simpler freeware/shareware program that will do what I am asking?

Would someone be able to point me to a link or site of how to do this on Photoshop or PaintShop Pro? (Me thinks it will to be too expensive to upgrapde my PS – so I might check out Paintshop pro…but it has to batch!)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks all!

Tmuld.
J
Jasper
Dec 23, 2003
The easiest way might be to download a little freebie called Irfanview (do a search). You can set it up to do batch resizes fairly easily although you might have to target a percentage rather that a final file size. Find Batch Conversion in the menus and then look for the Advanced options.

Jasper

Hello,

Any other suggestions?

Thanks all!

Tmuld.
SI
stupid_idiot
Dec 24, 2003
I beg to differ….even 5.0 had the web gallery feature. Use that to resize your images.

"Jasper" wrote in message
The easiest way might be to download a little freebie called Irfanview (do a search). You can set it up to do batch resizes fairly easily although you might have to target a percentage rather that a final file size. Find Batch Conversion in the menus and then look for the Advanced options.
Jasper

Hello,

Any other suggestions?

Thanks all!

Tmuld.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections