LS
Posted By
Lynda_Szefer
Jul 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When doing a Save As in Photoshop CS2, is there a way to have EPS as the default choice instead of TIFF?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 17, 2006
Linda,

As I recall, PS CS2 default save is the file’s current format unless the file is being converted from, say, a PDF.

Neil
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Jul 18, 2006
The default is the file format of the open image unless it is an unsaved document (ie a new document, or a scan imported directly into PS) in which case the default is the last format specified in the save as dialog box.
B
Buko
Jul 18, 2006
there is not really any good reason to use the EPS format any more.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Jul 18, 2006
Buko is right. The EPS file format is no longer supported by Adobe and will even cause output errors in certain cases.
RC
Ric_Cohn
Jul 18, 2006
I recently used eps because I needed to email a large image with a clipping path. I chose Jpeg compression (it was for layout only). What should I have used instead?
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Jul 18, 2006
Save the file as jpeg with included path with no compression for e-mail. The receiver can re-save in what format they need – Photoshop preferably, and use the path for clipping.
B
Buko
Jul 18, 2006
if you are saving and eps with Jpeg compression you might as well save as a jpeg. the compression is just as lossy.

If you want lossless compression use Tiff with ZIP compression.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections