PS eps icon saved on pc turns into illustrator eps on macs?

RK
Posted By
robert_kastler
Nov 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m a photographer working on a PC and my designers are working on Macs, we share the same server. When I save an EPS in Photoshop the Macs see the icon as an Illustrator EPS. Is there any way to correct this?

Thanks,
Robert

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MT
M.T._Wood
Nov 26, 2003
I don’t have a Mac, but this might lead you in the right direction. Also you could try the Mac side of the Forum.

On your computer, that you want to change the icons, find the file name with the wrong icon. Right click on the file name and in the box that appears go to "Open With". The Choose Program has a check box "Always Use…" also select/highlight the program (Photoshop).
I beleve this will change your icons on the rest of your files on the Mac.

Like I said, this is for a PC. Hopefully Mac will be similar, give it a try you never know.
L
LenHewitt
Nov 26, 2003
Robert,

Macs save their files with a resource fork that contains data relating to the file type and creator, and so can distinguish between EPS’s created by Illustrator, Photoship, Freehand and any other Mac software that will save as EPS.

Unfortunately, Windows doesn’t have that capability, and so the Mac has to make an assumption, and is assuming incorrectly…..

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections