KR
Posted By
Kelvin_Ritchie
Jun 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using OS X 10.3.3. Whenever I save a JPEG using the "Save for Web" function and then display the contents of the folder where my photos are the new file doesn’t have the small thumbnail photo against it like the original file has. When I use the "Save As" function and reduce the size of the file and safe it that new file displays a thumbnail in the folder. What does "Save for Web" do to the file so OS X can’t display a thumbnail? I have set in the Elements preferences, "Saving File" the check box for thumbnails. Or is this a bug?

Thanks

Kelvin

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 21, 2004
Kelvin,

Have you tried waiting a moment or two … as sometimes new thumbnails take a little while to create especially if they are in a folder with a lot of images in it.

Wendy
DN
David_Neale
Jun 21, 2004
If I’m not mistaken, a Web-ready file on a Mac can’t contain a thumbnail, as this information would be stored as part of the file itself (a resource), which would then make the file unsuitable for the Web. Compare the "Save web ready (without resource)" checkbox in Graphic Converter.

You can use column view in MacOS X to see a preview of a file without opening it.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 21, 2004
David,

You are right … I miss read the original message and thought we were talking about seeing the thumbnail from within the Elements browser.

Wendy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections