M
Posted By
Marita
Mar 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi – I have a print project where the printer is requiring an .eps file. I’m using Photoshop CS. I have three .eps options, Photoshop EPS, Photoshop DCS 1.0, and Photoshop DCS 2.0. There are also options within each. I’m having trouble getting the saved files to open up correctly in Photoshop and other applications. Any advice on which setting to use, and what options? I need to retain transparency in certain areas.

Thanks so much!
Marita

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MH
Mike Hyndman
Mar 27, 2006
"Marita" wrote in message
Hi – I have a print project where the printer is requiring an .eps file. I’m using Photoshop CS. I have three .eps options, Photoshop EPS, Photoshop DCS 1.0, and Photoshop DCS 2.0. There are also options within each. I’m having trouble getting the saved files to open up correctly in Photoshop and other applications. Any advice on which setting to use, and what options? I need to retain transparency in certain areas.
Thanks so much!
Marita,

I think you need to be in PSEPS and transparency is only supported in bitmaps. There’s a tutorial at http://www.sketchpad.net/eps1.htm in saving in the PSEPS format.

HTH
MH

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections