Posted By
crabshell
Jan 19, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all,

I have a project whereby I need to turn a large photograph (ultimately 8 meters long — not a billboard but a high resolution image) into a Da Vinci Last Supper-like painting. With the 1 month timeframe I have it’s unlikely I can go over every inch/mm of the image with a brush to achieve this effect. But a filter’s effects are probably not random enough to be appealing. Ultimately this should look like a reasonable facsimile of fine art. Maybe distressed or aged a little too. This image will be printed on cement tile so it will look like a fresco with tile lines (no grout). Does anyone out there have any ideas of how this could be achieved? Which plugins, which brushes, methods, etc? I am a very proficient Photoshop user but I’m a little baffled. This has to look like I spent some serious effort on it. Any Painter pros can chime in too.

Thanks for any advice!

-crabshell

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TP
The Pretzel
Jan 31, 2005
"crabshell" wrote in message
Hello all,

I have a project whereby I need to turn a large photograph (ultimately 8 meters long — not a billboard but a high resolution image) into a Da Vinci Last Supper-like painting. With the 1 month timeframe I have it’s unlikely I can go over every inch/mm of the image with a brush to achieve this effect. But a filter’s effects are probably not random enough to be appealing. Ultimately this should look like a reasonable facsimile of fine art. Maybe distressed or aged a little too. This image will be printed on cement tile so it will look like a fresco with tile lines (no grout). Does anyone out there have any ideas of how this could be achieved? Which plugins, which brushes, methods, etc? I am a very proficient Photoshop user but I’m a little baffled. This has to look like I spent some serious effort on it. Any Painter pros can chime in too.

Thanks for any advice!

-crabshell

Try Painter.

Pick the type of brush and paint-style you want and use "cloning".

It doesn’t need to be High-res either. 50 dpi 30, even 20 will do fine!!! 8 meters is pretty huge and nobody will look at it from 2 feet away…. I was at the Getty art museum and came close to a large mural. Kid you not the thing was no more then 12 dpi and it looked fine from about 5 feet away.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections