Posted By
white lightning
Mar 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

Can someone tell me how to create a stripes like this using photoshop: http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1498/bgfo9.gif ? I want to create something similar for using as a background image for web design.

You can show me the steps or if you know of any tutorials, please let me know.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

I
Infinitech
Mar 14, 2007
white lightning wrote:
Hi all,

Can someone tell me how to create a stripes like this using photoshop: http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1498/bgfo9.gif ? I want to create something similar for using as a background image for web design.
You can show me the steps or if you know of any tutorials, please let me know.

Thanks

I’ll do it as a pattern
so,

1/ create a new document say 50px*50px at 100ppi
2/ fill the background with any colour you want
3/ create a new layer
4/ apply the rules and change the units to pixels
5/ select the rectangular marquee tool and make a selection of 1 or 2 px height (whatever you want)and 50px wide
6/ add selections by pressing caps in order to make stripes and make sure you end by a blank zone if you began by a stripe and vice versa. 7/ fill with the foreground colour, deselect.
at this stage you may want to apply a slight "directionnal blur" to the top layer.
8/ flattern your layers and select all
9/ edit> define as pattern (as I use the French version it’s possible that it’s a bit different)
10/ name the pattern
11/ make a new document sized as the background of the site 12/ edit> fill >fill with pattern select your pattern 13/ then rotate and or change the scale with free transform the way you want.

make some tests with the heights of the selections to fit your needs. and
sorry for that unbeareable english (I surrender).
HTH

Infinitech
WL
white lightning
Mar 14, 2007
On Mar 15, 2:22 am, "Infinitech" wrote:
I’ll do it as a pattern
so,

1/ create a new document say 50px*50px at 100ppi
2/ fill the background with any colour you want
3/ create a new layer
4/ apply the rules and change the units to pixels
5/ select the rectangular marquee tool and make a selection of 1 or 2 px height (whatever you want)and 50px wide
6/ add selections by pressing caps in order to make stripes and make sure you end by a blank zone if you began by a stripe and vice versa. 7/ fill with the foreground colour, deselect.
at this stage you may want to apply a slight "directionnal blur" to the top layer.
8/ flattern your layers and select all
9/ edit> define as pattern (as I use the French version it’s possible that it’s a bit different)
10/ name the pattern
11/ make a new document sized as the background of the site 12/ edit> fill >fill with pattern select your pattern 13/ then rotate and or change the scale with free transform the way you want.

make some tests with the heights of the selections to fit your needs. and
sorry for that unbeareable english (I surrender).
HTH

Infinitech

Thanks for the steps. I’ll try it later. It has certainly given me enough hints. That should be fine!!

Cheers!!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections