B
Posted By
bob733
Aug 24, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop 4. I start from scratch. I then open up (for example) 2 pictures (jpg). I want to combine the pictures into the new work space. Is there an easy way to do this. I want to take picture one ( a picture of a person) and overlay Piture 2 (a picture of another presons head) onto the picture 1.

I realize I will have to use layers and all that, but just to get the 2 pictures on the same workspace is killing me. Everytime I click on one of the pictures, the other picture’s workspace goes away. I have tried dragging and dropping to no avail.

I have always said this is the worst part of PS and do not know why they can not use drag and drop or why no plug in has been made to do this.

I tried looking for the previous time I asked this same stupid question but could not locate it.

thanks in advance.

Bop

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BL
Bob Levine
Aug 24, 2006
I don’t remember PS 4 all that well (it’s ten years or so out of date) but I thought you could drag from one picture to another.

Have you tried copy/paste?

Bob
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 24, 2006
Drag and drop using the Move tool or holding down Ctrl.
B
bob733
Aug 24, 2006
I am sorry…. I meant Photoshop Elements V4.0
BL
Bob Levine
Aug 24, 2006
In that case, you should visit the Elements forum. It’s down the hall, two doors on the left.

Bob
B
bob733
Aug 24, 2006
that doesn t work…. I have both pictures on the bottome of the work area. As soon as I touch one of them, the layers column swithches over to that picture.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 24, 2006
Don’t know Elements but in Photoshop you can drag from one document window to the next. In other words, drag the image itself.

You can also drag from the layer in the Layers Palette to the document window. I imagine Elements is the same.
B
bob733
Aug 24, 2006
This does not appear to work in elements. Also, I can not locate an Elements forum in the list of adobe forums. The closes was Photoshop.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections