I have a problem with adding CopyRights to my Pictures!…

A
Posted By
AlonStyle
Apr 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m sick and tired!
I tried all the possibilities…

I have something like 100 pictures in the same size…and all i want to do is to add a simple text: "(c) AlonStyle" in the Down-Left corner.
Sounds easy?!… but i dont know why… i just can’t do it.

I tried to do an action, and then use the Batch…but it shows the text only in about 2 out of 10 of the output pictures.
Also i tried the Droplet…but i got the same result.

Can some one help me or guide step by step…?

Thanks!
AlonStyle.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

S
sticks
Apr 21, 2005
I’ve done this many times. Write the action using text layers. For the copyright symbol hold the alt key then on the numberpad hit 0169.
Then make a layer for whatever text content you want, move it to the desired location, add styles and effects then flatten and do save as. If you want the copyright to be very visible make sure you are using a color that’s not on the area of the photo you are putting it on use something that contrasts. When you are done you can run a batch without any problems.

Sticks
A
AlonStyle
Apr 21, 2005
I dont know why…but its not working…

For some reason it’s adding the CopyRights only in 2 of the pictures…

Does someone know what the problem is?

Can someone try to guide me step by step?
Or meybe can add me to his ICQ (29713653) or by the massenger ()

Thanks again,
Alon.
S
sticks
Apr 21, 2005
can you list each step exactly as you have it in your action. Might give a better idea of what’s going on.

Sticks
DG
David_Grandy
Apr 21, 2005
I bet that he’s using the numbers on the top of the keyboard NOT the keypad.
Y
YrbkMgr
Apr 21, 2005
Alon,

Record the action as follows, and make sure to include a save as… step.

Start recording, select your type tool, your font family, size and optionally a style.

Type anywhere on the page the information you want. Then Select|All. With the text layer still active, do Layer|Align to Selection: left; Layer|Align to Selection: bottom. Deselect. Optionally nudge with the arrow keys to keep it away from the very edges.

Then go through the Save As.. step and carry it out to completion.

Stop recording.

To run this in batch, go to the Save As… step in the action palette and toggle the dialog to OFF (the little square next to the step).

Then, File|Automate|Batch:

Action to run: Whatever you named the action
Source: Folder
Choose: pick the source

Destination: Folder
Choose: pick the destination
Override Save As Information: CHECKED

Optionally choose a naming convention and hit go. Each image will open, one by one from the source folder, the action will perform the prescribed steps, with a Save As step as the final event, then the image will close; rinse and repeat.

Peace,
Tony
LM
Lynch_Mike
Apr 21, 2005
Are your images the same orientation? Same size? Same resolution? If not, you may need to standardize them size/resolution wise first. (File|Automate|Fit Image is handy.)
You may want to use guides (set 10% vertical for example) with snap-to guides. You can use an action to standardize your images.
-Mike
Y
YrbkMgr
Apr 22, 2005
If you use the procedure I indicated, it won’t matter whether or not the images are the same size or resolution. It takes advantage of the feature Align to Selection, which in this case is "all".
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 22, 2005
I bet that he’s using the numbers on the top of the keyboard NOT the keypad.

….the difference being ??
D
deebs
Apr 22, 2005
It’s a technicality of historic origin based on early days of DOS or even earlier operating systems.

Each character on the keyboard is assigned a numerical value and yes, the numbers were different hence Alt + numerical keys can often give results at variance with Alt + (shifted or combination) keys
Y
YrbkMgr
Apr 22, 2005
Chris,

To clarify Deebs answer, the Alt-Number sequences to generate extended ASCII characters are specific to the numeric keypad. While both, the top row of numbers and the numeric keypad generate a numeric representation on the screen, they are in fact different "commands" to generate the same representation. Thus, when you use an Alt-Number sequence, you need to use the numeric keypad so that the proper code is used for the extended character representation on screen. That is one of the reasons why the OS needs to know what kind of keyboard you have – so that it knows what to generate when you press a key.

This issue, by the way, has nothing to do with the OP.
D
deebs
Apr 22, 2005
Apart from some laptops do indeed send the correct numbers using a workaround for the shift + key combination emulation shift + numerical keypad input
A
AlonStyle
Apr 23, 2005
My Pictures are in the same RGB mode, the same SIZE, but not the same resolution.

Does its matter?
Y
YrbkMgr
Apr 23, 2005
Re-read post #5 and then post #7
A
AlonStyle
Apr 23, 2005
OK! i succeeds!

The problem was that the pictures was NOT in the same resolution.

I Fixed it and its working perfect now!

YrbkMgr, Thanks for the StepByStep Guide from the 5# Post. It was very helpful!

BTW, the "Numeric Problem"… all i did was to COPY & PASTE the CopyRights symbol from some internet site (google or something…)

Thanks you All!… Once again i found a solution for my problem in this forum.

Cheers,
AlonStyle (:
Y
YrbkMgr
Apr 23, 2005
the "Numeric Problem"… all i did was to COPY & PASTE the CopyRights symbol from some internet site

If you record the typing of your text, and include the key sequence Alt-0169 (hold down alt, type 0169 on your numeric keypad, then release the alt key), you will not have to worry about resolution, except for font size.

Glad you got it sorted.
A
AlonStyle
Apr 23, 2005
Yes the problem was that tha font was so small that i couldn’t even see it.

Thanks again (:
LM
Lynch_Mike
Apr 24, 2005
Ahem… Post 6.
Y
YrbkMgr
Apr 24, 2005
Yeah Mike, it didn’t occur to me about font size until after. Apologies.
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 24, 2005
the Alt-Number sequences to generate extended ASCII characters are specific to the numeric keypad. While both, the top row of numbers and the numeric keypad generate a numeric representation on the screen, they are in fact different "commands" to generate the same representation.

Tony.

D’you know I’ve used the copyright symbol keystroke sequence for years without ever knowing a difference existed between the two sets of numeric keys. I guess I must never have used the top row in conjunction with Alt.

Thanks for the enlightenment. (yet qnother flavour of ice cream!) <g>

Chris.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Apr 24, 2005
yet qnother flavour of ice cream

French keyboard? Chris?

Rob
Y
YrbkMgr
Apr 24, 2005
Chris,

You’re welcome. Most keys have a dual function. The number keys at the top behave differently when shift is pressed, than when the shift key is pressed and an entry is made with the numeric keypad – which, when you think about it, means that they send different information to the screen when pressed. So, it’s like my Chemistry instructor used to say during review of calcluations. "It’s the same thing, only different". <grin>
LM
Lynch_Mike
Apr 24, 2005
MAGIC TRICK

I use a laptop.
To get easy access to the © symbol (in Photoshop 7),
I copied the symbol from a web page and pasted it into the name of an action.
Now I can easily grab it anytime by "pretending" to rename the action.

-Mike
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Apr 24, 2005
I always keep the Windows Character Map on the task bar. Rob
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 24, 2005
I always keep the Windows Character Map on the task bar.

<nodding>

sometimes with a laptop you need to hold down the "Fn" key to get the "numeric keypad" numbers.
KO
Kimberly_Oliver
May 8, 2005
I’m trying to do this exact same thing – only my images have already been saved as .gif for my website. I really don’t want to have to go back to my originals and start from scratch. Can this be done?

Kimberly
L
LenHewitt
May 8, 2005
You could open the .gifs, mode change to RGB, set the type and then Save for Web again.
KO
Kimberly_Oliver
May 8, 2005
Cool Beans! Worked like a charm. I knew it was something simple – I was just having a blonde moment. 🙂

Thank you!

Kimberly
L
LenHewitt
May 9, 2005
You’re welcome, Kimberly

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections