Fokke Nauta
May 10, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
X-post, follow-up to adobe.photoshop.windows

Hi all,

What I want to do with an existing picture is the following: I want to isolete an object from a picture (let’s say the subject). I want to keep this sharp. I want the background to get blurred, sharp on the foreground and the more in a distance, the more it should get blurred. Just like when you play with field depth with a camera.
I know it can be done because I have read about this (and done this). Unfortunately I lost the article in which it was explained and I forgot how it was done. Can anybody help me out how this is done?

Photoshop CS2.

Thanks in advance for your help.

With best regards,
Fokke Nauta

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MH
Mike Hyndman
May 10, 2006
"Fokke Nauta" wrote in message

Hi all,

What I want to do with an existing picture is the following: I want to isolete an object from a picture (let’s say the subject). I want to keep this sharp. I want the background to get blurred, sharp on the foreground and the more in a distance, the more it should get blurred. Just
like when you play with field depth with a camera.
I know it can be done because I have read about this (and done this). Unfortunately I lost the article in which it was explained and I forgot how
it was done. Can anybody help me out how this is done?

Photoshop CS2.

With best regards,
Fokke,

Is http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/HocusPocusFocusSM.mov any use?

MH
PF
Paul Furman
May 11, 2006
Fokke Nauta wrote:

You have some responses back in alt.graphics.photoshop. I don’t visit the other group so I cross-posted this to both.

What I want to do with an existing picture is the following: I want to isolete an object from a picture (let’s say the subject). I want to keep this sharp. I want the background to get blurred, sharp on the foreground and the more in a distance, the more it should get blurred. Just like when you play with field depth with a camera.
I know it can be done because I have read about this (and done this). Unfortunately I lost the article in which it was explained and I forgot how it was done. Can anybody help me out how this is done?

Photoshop CS2.

Be careful at the edge of the foreground object. Sometimes you need to clone in more background behind the subject or you see a blurry halo if it’s a large blur radius.
RF
Robert Feinman
May 11, 2006
In article ,
says…

Hi all,

Photoshop CS2.

With best regards,
Fokke Nauta
Copy the background. Cut out the part you want to keep sharp. Apply a gradient filter to the mask. Then blur the dup image. Change the opacity of the dup layer to let the sharp version show through.

Robert D Feinman
Landscapes, Cityscapes and Panoramic Photographs
http://robertdfeinman.com
mail:
K
KatWoman
May 11, 2006
"Paul Furman" wrote in message
Fokke Nauta wrote:

You have some responses back in alt.graphics.photoshop. I don’t visit the other group so I cross-posted this to both.

What I want to do with an existing picture is the following: I want to isolete an object from a picture (let’s say the subject). I want
to keep this sharp. I want the background to get blurred, sharp on the foreground and the more in a distance, the more it should get blurred. Just
I know it can be done because I have read about this (and done this). Unfortunately I lost the article in which it was explained and I forgot how

Photoshop CS2.

Be careful at the edge of the foreground object. Sometimes you need to clone in more background behind the subject or you see a blurry halo if it’s a large blur radius.

clone back? paint with black brush on the mask to see the focused image below but the gradient should be a very smooth transition.
FN
Fokke Nauta
May 16, 2006

Hi all,

What I want to do with an existing picture is the following: I want to isolete an object from a picture (let’s say the subject). I want to keep this sharp. I want the background to get blurred, sharp on the foreground and the more in a distance, the more it should get blurred.
Just
I know it can be done because I have read about this (and done this). Unfortunately I lost the article in which it was explained and I forgot
how

Photoshop CS2.

With best regards,
Fokke Nauta

Thank you for all your anwers.
My quest has been solved!

With best regards,
Fokke Nauta
V
Vern
May 28, 2006
CS2 has a lens blur under filter>blur>lens blur. Play with different menu settings for desired effect.
VH

Hi all,

What I want to do with an existing picture is the following: I want to isolete an object from a picture (let’s say the subject). I want to keep this sharp. I want the background to get blurred, sharp on the foreground and the more in a distance, the more it should get blurred. Just

Photoshop CS2.

With best regards,
Fokke Nauta

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections