Gary_Politzer
Aug 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
It seems to me that more than Photoshop is involved here:

<http://www.skydancers.com/images/04/reflections.html>

Would anyone care to hazard a guess about the software involved in producing this image?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 22, 2004
I wonder if the Buzz filters are involved as Skydiver seems to have a direct link to them from his website?

<http://www.skydancers.com/_fo2pix/buzzpro2mac.html>

Another possible contributor might be KPT3 Spheroid Designer?

Plus a dose of Overlay mode?

(Spheroid Designer only runs in Classic.)
P
progress
Aug 22, 2004
something is reflecting the background on the sphere…probably cheating it because there isnt the pinching and distortion around the edges.

apart from that it looks like every filter in existance was used…just missing a page curl and lens flare.

I just about made the bucket in time.
EW
Ed_Wiser
Aug 22, 2004
Sky is a firiend of mine and this looks like from her Bryce & Poser phase. She is a member of Yahoo groups digitalart. Join an ask her.:)
TL
Tim_Lookingbill
Aug 22, 2004
Ever use the exclusion blend mode on a dupe layer of the background of an image? Feeyar out, deeyood!

I see quite a bit if that treatment in the posted image.
SD
Sky_Dancer
Aug 22, 2004
Hello, this is SkyDancer. I use a PC but Ed Wiser said this discussion was going on so I joined in order to reply. The image was first created in Bryce and then taken into Photoshop where it was multi-layered and mirrored.

The Bryce image was essentially looking at spheres with the camera inside of a sphere (glass…I believe the material was crystal). It’s been long enough since I created it that the details are fuzzy.

skydancer
GP
Gary_Politzer
Aug 22, 2004
Thanks skydancer and everyone for your input. I am trying to learn more about digital image creation, and your answers are helpful.
TL
Tim_Lookingbill
Aug 22, 2004
Searching the web for tutorials and playing around with different apps such as Bryce and PS will get you farther than you could ever imagine.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections