Help – the flash on my picture was too bright, how to fix picture?

SS
Posted By
Shane_Selph
Dec 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been trying to figure this out for 4 hours and need some help.

I took a picture with the camera too close so the face is overexposed. I am new to elements, can anyone help me?

I have tried painting over it with a flesh color but I can’t seem to get the paint to stay, it just goes back to my original picture (which is on a white background).

Also, I can’t seem to find the mask button, it isn’t on my toolbar, someone please help!

– SS

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TF
Terri_Foster
Dec 12, 2003
Shane, Why don’t you try setting your layer blend mode located in the layers palette to multiply. You may have to do several sets of layers set at multiply depending on how overexposed your subject’s face is. If the multiply is too strong, simply scale down the percentage of opacity for the topmost layer.

Terri
BS
Bernard Saper
Dec 14, 2003
An old photographer’s trick to reduce the harshness of a flash is to cover the flash head with a layer of Kleenex tissue. This will reduce the intensity of the flash as well as soften sthe light. You can experiment with how many individual layers of Kleenex work best for you.

Bernard Saper

wrote in message
I have been trying to figure this out for 4 hours and need some help.
I took a picture with the camera too close so the face is overexposed. I
am new to elements, can anyone help me?
I have tried painting over it with a flesh color but I can’t seem to get
the paint to stay, it just goes back to my original picture (which is on a white background).
Also, I can’t seem to find the mask button, it isn’t on my toolbar,
someone please help!
– SS

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections