ML
Posted By
Marty_Landolt
Jan 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After reading Jane’s thread on Pick of the litter books, I wondered ????? Is there a legal way that we might be able to aquire used PSE or similar books from our Forum friends. Seems they might have dijested the main goodies and be willing to part with some books and get a fair price for them. Don’t want to step on Adobe’s toe!
Marty

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 23, 2004
Probably they are just like me.
I never sold any of my books, although my book cases almost fall apart under the weight. I own books about almost everything, from economics to sports, from nature to law, from fine art to etymology, but I cannot say goodbye to any of them. I even still have my english french and german grammar and idiom books!

Leen
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 24, 2004
Leen,

Glad to know that I am not the only person who saves books 🙂

Wendy
PS … Did you get my E Mail? … I have been having some problems with sending them.
LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 24, 2004
Unfortunately I didnot see anything in my mailbox with your name on it. The only messages I saw were about 150 times the same message about increasing the size etc….. and I deleted all of them. 😉
Maybe you could try through my website?

Leen
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 24, 2004
Leen,

Will do

Wendy
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 24, 2004
Leen,

I have just visited your site and sent you an E Mail from there. Hope that this one arrives … you must have wondered why there was no reply to your post about your forthcoming visit to the UK.

Wendy
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 24, 2004
I always give computer stuff, hardware and software, away to our local schools. I assume I am not doing anything wrong. There are plenty of families who cannot afford this stuff, so we don’t hesitate to give away what we don’t use any more, the quicker the better while it is still current.

Now about books, our kids joke about our house being the ‘local’ library, and that is fine by us, but we sure do have a messy house! Come on over and read and browse by our wood stove,,,,,,,,but you have to deal with our dogs licking your faces and vying for attention,,,,,,,

I tried to sell one book, but never made the connection, so it went today to the school. Jane
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 24, 2004
Jane,

Just wish I could drop over and browse by your woodstove (sounds just perfect) but its a little bit too far 🙂

I think its a great idea giving away your surplus stocks of computer equipment … one of the problems we have in the UK is that due to "Health & Safety" issues schools won’t accept hardware etc. Seems kind of silly to me!! Glad to see that yours don’t go to waste.

Wendy
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 24, 2004
Hi Wendy, In our local town newspaper, we have a "Free" section, furniture, appliances, and computer stuff included.
For example; We gave away a beautiful glass front bookcase that we had used for years, and it went to a good home, a young couple who had just bought an old house that was big and had almost no furniture.
Jane
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 25, 2004
Jane,

What a really good idea …. maybe I will suggest that we do a similar thing in our village.

Wendy
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 25, 2004
yes, we have the ‘freebie’ section they call it…mostly kittens listed. Don’t people know that cats that aren’t fixed and let out at night have sex ? It’s 10pm, do you know where your cat is ?
LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 25, 2004
So cats are at night just like ordinary people.
😉

Leen
BG
Byron Gale
Jan 25, 2004
Leen,

I hope not!!

Around here, cats go poo in my back yard at night.. at least, I HOPE it’s just the cats!

(grumble-grumble…don’t own any cats but have a yard full of cat "stuff"…grumble-grumble)

Byron
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 25, 2004
We can’t let our cat out at all any more, even here on Cape Cod. We have huge red foxes and some coyotes who are as big as German Shepherds. Our yellow lab sometimes will chase the foxes, but they know that she can’t catch them, so they just give her a funny look and trot back into the woods.
These beautiful canines are thriving on squirrels and other rodents(which we have plenty of). Jane
ML
Marty_Landolt
Jan 25, 2004
ALL,
I just knew I’d get those replies! Yep, I had books about anything and everything. I had to get rid of books that covered a wall 14′ X 9′ and some went to the University of TN, others to any book lover. It was so hard to see them go but never fret because I bought back nearly as many. Thanks for everyone for making me feel normal and for giving me the go-ahead to buy MORE books.
Marty
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 26, 2004
Marty, there’s something very comforting to me about being in a room with walls of books. I guess I feel like maybe some of the knowledge in those books will flow to me by some sort of osmosis….although that hasn’t really worked very well…

Chuck
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 26, 2004
Remember that if you do give books to your local school or library, that if there is something that you need from one particular book that you forgot, they are still there for us to look at, not just at arms reach, but a short drive or walk. They are not ‘gone’.
Jane

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections