L
Posted By
luke
Nov 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I create a new layer, use the selection tool to draw a rectangle and use the paint bucket to fill it with black 100% opacity, on the same layer I draw another rectangle but this time fill it with the paint bucket at 50% opacity.

In the layers panel I then apply a glow effect and reduce the layer Fill to "0". The first black rectangle I made dissapears completely and you can only see it’s outlined glow effect. However, the second rectangle remains visible, albiet it’s half it’s transparency?

what exactly happened here?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Rick
Nov 22, 2005
"luke" wrote in message
I create a new layer, use the selection tool to draw a rectangle and use the paint bucket to fill it with black 100% opacity, on the same layer I draw another rectangle but this time fill it with the paint bucket at 50% opacity.

In the layers panel I then apply a glow effect and reduce the layer Fill to "0". The first black rectangle I made dissapears completely and you can only see it’s outlined glow effect. However, the second rectangle remains visible, albiet it’s half it’s transparency?

what exactly happened here?
I don’t believe you can have different opacities on the same layer.
K
kitakits
Nov 22, 2005
That is interesting when I get home I will try that with the program that I have at home.. Adobe Photoshop CS you say.. Interesting…. and I will tell you what happens..

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections