P
Posted By
PumpkinPlague
Nov 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just got the new Photoshop … in the CS II suite …

The Batch Rename doesn’t work like it used to. I was able in the older version to simply just have it batch rename a folder of images to to 1-30 for example … And now it does something like this

1.jpg
1 (1).jpg
2.jpg
2 (2).jpg
3.jpg
3 (3).jpg

Damage … is there a way around this?

Thanks!
pp

p.s. I don’t want the ones in the parentheses …

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 8, 2005
That’s not nearly enough information because there are at least five different ways to accomplish a batch rename. Tell us, in detail, what you are doing, how you’re doing it, and what you want the result to be. Assume that everyone who reads this will have a different idea of what the goal is, so be specific.

Peace,
Tony
P
PumpkinPlague
Nov 8, 2005
Hi Again,

Alright, it’s really simple what’s occuring. I used to take a folder of images in Photoshop-CS-I, and select all of them in ‘Browse.’ I would then ‘Batch Rename’ them to get the most simplest effect. Choose numbers and NOTHING ELSE.

1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg, 4.jpg, etc.

Now in Photoshop-CS-2, I choose the ‘Numerical Sequence,’ to get the same effect, and it gets close, then wipes out.

Photoshop CS-2 does this:

1.jpg, 1 (1).jpg, 2.jpg, 2 (2).jpg, 3.jpg, 3 (3).jpg, etc.

See what I mean?

thanks,
pp
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 8, 2005
Well, it works perfectly for me. Why not through up a screenshot of your batch rename dialog with the images behind it. Tell us the link, we’ll have a look at your settings.
C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 9, 2005
I think if you check "Copy to other folder" it won’t try to preserve any original files bearing the same name by adding the digit in parenthesis.
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 9, 2005
That’s what I thought too Chris, but it’s a rename so it simply replaces the original file names – not an overwrite. <shrug>.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections