J
Posted By
jimmyjames
Dec 8, 2011
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to "batch rename" a bunch of files (jpegs) using bridge from photoshop CS4 so I can combine the the files in After Effects as a sequince of files. I just want to rename the files 001. 002, 003. . ..etc. It seems like I used to be able to do that. I’m getting retarded in my old age. I batch rename, having thrown out the images I don’t want expecting the program to rename the files in sequince and it doesn’t do it. When putting the files in AE; the program says that files are missing in the sequince.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
Joel
Dec 19, 2011
jimmyjames wrote:

I’m trying to "batch rename" a bunch of files (jpegs) using bridge from photoshop CS4 so I can combine the the files in After Effects as a sequince of files. I just want to rename the files 001. 002, 003. . .etc. It seems like I used to be able to do that. I’m getting retarded in my old age. I batch rename, having thrown out the images I don’t want expecting the program to rename the files in sequince and it doesn’t do it. When putting the files in AE; the program says that files are missing in the sequince.

You may use GOOGLE our friend to look for util to rename filename and it would do. There should be more/less dozen of them for you to pick and they should work pretty similar to each other.

You can RENAME tens/hundreds of them at once. And it seems like you may want to use the REPLACEMENT option.

Heck, here is some options for you

1. Use the renaming util to Tag and Rename all selected files

2. Open Windows Explorer with thumbnail or icon enable to see the photos you want to move, then Move/Copy to different Folder

3. I haven’t used DOS Command for many years, but you should be able to use the simple DOS Command like

REN ??????*.* jimmyjames*.*

Something like that as I haven’t used for many years so it may not be 100% corrent. Also REN = REName

??????? = the NUMBER of characters you want to REPLACE
* = original or whatever after (not 100% sure)

I was using CPM then DOS Commands until Windows released the first Windows Pre-Release which I switched to Windows. I continued using DOS Command for years until Windows dropped DOS Command (I think around WinXP)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections