YR
Posted By
Yun_Rhee
Aug 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We have a Mac G5 rev.B DP 1.8 workgroup environment running OSX 10.3.4 and half of our them have problem with key functions in various CS apps if Entourage 2004 is open.

For instance, shift key for square marquee or straight lines will not work unless you quit the Entourage.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix/patch somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 6, 2004
By coincidence a possible work-around for this is mentioned in the post immediately above yours: Ramón G Castañeda "Keyboard Shortcuts" 8/6/04 3:05pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/9>
R
Ram
Aug 6, 2004
Here it is again.

Here’s a report on one way a user fixed it:

It turns out that one of my Entourage email accounts had asked for a password when I logged on. i entered the password and told entourage to remember it. Then I restarted entourage. after that, my shortcuts worked like they should.

I guess it’s some strange combination of entourage and osx locking the modifier keys when the password box is up? maybe?
FK
frank_kolodziej
Aug 17, 2004
Wow. That’s mind-boggling. But that was definitely the problem in my case. It also explained why I couldn’t use the spacebar to force a folder to spring open in the Finder.

I usually manually enter my Entourage password (because it’s a work computer) but I guess I’m going to have to keep it saved now until there’s a bug fix.

Great catch.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections