JC
Posted By
joshua_crapp
Aug 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
i’ve recently purchased a konica minolta 2300dl color laser printer and tried printing out a 300dpi cmyk psd image with text in photoshop 7 and as the image is ok, the text looks like crap. i contacted konica minolta and they suggested i contact adobe. i downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the printer, but the problem still exists. is there anything i can do on the adobe side of things to fix this problem?

please help me.

thanks.
joshua

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 20, 2004
What’s wrong with the text, and how did you create the text – vector text?

Also, you should be using an RGB image to send to your printer – it gets converted to CMYK by your printer driver, so when you send CMYK data, it gets converted (by photoshop) to RGB, then back to CMYK. In the process, results can be unpredictable.

Peace,
Tony
DM
Don_McCahill
Aug 20, 2004
Also, what size was the text? Was it is color, or black. Small text in color will look odd due to the combination of colors used to make a composite color.
JC
joshua_crapp
Aug 20, 2004
1- i’ve added a photo of the text. i am not sure what vector text is. i just added a new text layer and thats it. i will try testing it in rgb mode.

2- in this example i used Gill Sans MT Ext Condensed Bold font at 40pt and it doesnt matter what color font or anything like that all the text looks the same.

the example below once again is 300ppi in cmyk to be printed at 1.343" x 1.343"
LM
Lynch_Mike
Aug 21, 2004
Joshua,
Your sample image is 250 pixels wide.
If you want to print an image at 300 dpi,
the resulting size is .833 inches wide, not the 1.343 inches you need. What you are looking at is enlarged pixels.
You need more pixels in your file to make the 1.343 inches display without pixilation. ie: a larger image size to start with.

Set your image to at 403 pixels to have each pixel diplay as 1 pixel only. If you have your text in a text layer, it should scale without having to remake the whole file.

Image|Image size|(make sure resample image and Constrain are checked) Change 250 to 403.

That oughta do it.
-Mike

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections