Posted By
cadence440
May 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I just registered because I am having a very annoying problem.

When using the pen on my Intuos 3 tablet, Photoshop 7 seems to not recognise it as a pen, but as a mouse (no pressure sensitivity/no auto eraser when flipping the pen).

I wouldn’t call this a Photoshop problem, except that it works perfectly in Photoshop Elements 2 as well as in all other programs, whichs leads me to believe that it is some setting in Photoshop that I’m unaware of.

I tried to reset the settings by pressing Ctrl + Alt + SHIFT on loading and it reset but the problem still remains…

If anyone happens to know what the problem could be, I’d *greatly* appreciate any info/suggestion/help! It’s driving me nuts ~.~

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
May 14, 2005
Are you using a pressure sensitive brush? Open the brush pallette, click on "Shape Dynamics" (and make sure it’s checked), and look to the "Control" settings under Size Jitter and Angle Jitter. On the brushes I downloaded from Wacom, the Size Jitter Control is set to "Pen Pressure" and the Angle Jitter Control is set to "Pen Tilt". If none of the controls are set to use the features of a tablet, then the tablet won’t do anything more than a mouse.
C
cadence440
May 14, 2005
Thanks for the reply!

I checked under "Shape Dynamics" and They are set to "Pen Pressure" and "Pen Tilt" respectively…but to the left of each is a grey triangle with an "!" inside that turns yellow when the cursor goes over it – so I’m guessing that means there is some problem.

I guess that means that it isn’t seeing the tablet or something? What is the most confusing to me is that everything works fine in the stripped down PhotoShop Elements, but not in PhotoShop 7.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that this is a new problem – everything used to work fine…which is the most confusing thing.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
May 14, 2005
Maybe you should try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Wacom drivers for your tablet.
C
cadence440
May 14, 2005
Thanks again for the reply.

I tried that, and also un/reinstalling Photoshop. Now the problem is even more strange I’m afraid.

Right after starting Photoshop if I check the Shape Dynamics, then there is no warning sign next to "Pen Pressure". However, after loading or starting a new file, the warning mark appears, but this time when I touch the pen to the tablet it will make a mark (still no pressure sensitivity) but I can’t even drag the line across the screen – just a dot. However after lifting the pen the mouse is where it would have been if I was actually moving the line (hope that makes sense, hard to describe). When drawing with the mouse however, everything works fine……

Everything is still normal and 100% working in PhotoShop Elements and other programs that use the pen, as well as in the Wacom setup window.

I’m totally stumped…I guess I should be thankful that this upgrade (from an intuos 2 4×5 to a intuos 3 6×8) came with Elements, but I can’t stand it compared to PS 7.

Again, thanks for the suggestions; if you have any more ideas, or if anyone else may, please let me know.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
May 14, 2005
Have you tried changing any of the settings in the Wacom control panel applet? Specifically, try adding PSCS2 as a separate application in this panel.
C
Charley
May 15, 2005
This sounds like your Wacom software isn’t set up correctly for your pen. If you can’t figure it out, why don’t you call Wacom Tech Support. They have one of the best helpdesks of any company that I’ve ever dealt with. They’ve helped me several times and they don’t care where or how long ago you purchased your Wacom tablet. They’re FREE too!

Charley

wrote in message
Have you tried changing any of the settings in the Wacom control panel
applet? Specifically, try adding PSCS2 as a separate application in this panel.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections