MM
Posted By
Michelle_McGahan
Jan 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have hundreds of images I took on my digital camera that are of a large size. I want to change the image size down to a 4 x 6 inch image so that I can print them out. I know there must be a way to change the image sizes of mutiple images at once, but I have not been able to figure out how to do this. Could anyone please help me with this problem? Thanks.
Michelle

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CR
Chris_Rankin
Jan 4, 2004
Michelle,
Go to File>Batch Processing. When the new window pops up, look down towards the middle and you should see a check box for image re-sizing.
I’ve never used it but it should be fairly simple.

CR
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 4, 2004
Michelle,

They just appear to you to be large. The resolution of these files is probably 72ppi. In the batch process, change the resolution to one suitable for printing, like 300ppi, and you will see they are a much smaller size when printed.
BB
brent_bertram
Jan 4, 2004
Michelle,
Besides Nancy’s suggestion to "resize" them to 300 ppi, you will probably find that your images are not in the correct aspect ratio to print at 4" by 6 " . Check out the forum posts on the "cropping " subject , since generally that’s the technique for getting the precise printable size we want , from an image.

🙂

Brent

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections