ML
Posted By
Morton_Last
May 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have made two 10.5 x 4 panoramas and I want to print both on a single landscape 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. Multiple image printing apparently does not allow for odd size images. I believe in order to accomplish what I want to do, I need to make a new document and put both panoramas on the new document. That is where I am stuck. How do I make the new 8.5 x 11 document and transfer my 2 images to it?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 14, 2005
Morton,

If you are using PE3 on a Windows machine this applies to the Editor.

As in so many things in PE there are several ways to do that. Here is the one that I use.

Check that both images have the same resolution (ppi in Image, Resize, Image Size). If they are not the same resolution you will have to change one with resample on to that of the other.

Go to File, New, Blank File. Set the width to 10.5 inches and, if your printer can handle less than 1/4 inch margins, the height to 8.1. If that is outside your print area set the height to 8.0 but that won’t leave any room between the 2 images. Set the Resolution to the same as your panoramas. Leave the new file open and open both panoramas. Open your layers pallete (Window, Layer). Click the 1st panorama to select it, go to Select, All. Go to Edit, Copy. Click the new file to select it and go to Edit, Paste. The image will appear as a new layer centered. Click the Move Tool and use the arrow keys to move the image to the upper or lower edge. Repeat this procedure with the other image and move to the opposite edge. You can fine tune the position by selecting either new layer and using the move tool. When done click another tool (I use the Zoom Tool) to turn off Move.

At this point you can go ahead and print. If you want to save the file you have the option of Layer, Flatten image to reduce the file size.

Come back if any of this isn’t clear.

Bob
ML
Morton_Last
May 14, 2005
Robert, many thanks. All was perfectly clear and I printed my panoramas just as you suggested.

I knew to make a blank page, but until I got your response, I has no idea how to select, cut and paste the images. Many thanks again.
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 14, 2005
Morton,

You’re very welcome. Just passing on one of the things I had to come here to learn. 🙂

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections