TR
Posted By
Tony Roocroft
Aug 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can somebody help me please I have taken hundreds of pictures with my camera and would like to print out the images. Is it possible to print out different images on the same card and if so how?

Thankyou in anticipation

Tony

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Aug 30, 2003
Tony, you didn’t say if you had PSE 1 or 2, so I’ll give you instructions that will work on either (PSE 2 has a Picture Package, but I don’t like it so stick with my tried and true method.)

First make sure all of the images you want to print are the same resolution, which would be something between 150 and 300ppi for best quality. I find around 250 is a nice balance between clarity and ink conservation.

Open a new blank canvas. Set the resolution to match that of the images you want to print, size it to 8 X 10 1/2, with either a white or transparent background. Leave it open on your desktop.

Open the Layers palette and have it available on your desktop.

Open each of the images you want to print on that page. Select the Move tool and drag each onto the blank canvas. (Don’t worry about placement right now.) After you move them, close the originals. Once all of them are on the new canvas, they can be moved, again using the Move tool, around any way you want to get the best placement.

If you find that one or more needs to be turned 90 degrees to make best use of the page, click on the layer on which that picture is located in your Layers palette, then go to Image>Rotate and look down the list. You’ll see an option to rotate the layer; choose either 90 degrees right or 90 degrees left.

Once you have your pictures placed, go to Print Preview and print.

When I’m doing a large number of prints, I usually just go through and delete the layers the "old" images are on so the canvas stays open. Then I select more images I want to print and repeat the above process.

This sounds kind of complicated, but after you do a couple you’ll find that it gives you a tremendous amount of flexibility, and you get to be pretty quick at it, too. A lot of us "old timers" still use this method even though packages are now an option in PSE 2.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post again. Good luck!
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 30, 2003
Tony, there are a couple of different ways to do this…go to file ‘automate’ and then ‘picture package’and chose your settings and print. The way others do it is to create a ‘new’ canvas at print resolution between 150 and 300 with 300 being best…resize images to same resolution ( best to do this first ) and then just bring in each image one by one and drag them on to the new canvas. there are many possibilities to create spectacular album pages using this method since each photo is on it’s own layer and therefor provides limitless editing for each like adding simple things like drop shadows to more elaborate edge effects etc… Anyways, play.
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 30, 2003
Geeze Beth, you weren’t there when i started…fast typer ????? HI 🙂
P
Phosphor
Aug 30, 2003
"fast typer ?????"

I was Miss Taylor’s star pupil back in the dark ages of "Transcription" – a two hour class of typing and shorthand in HS. 🙂 Does anybody even remember shorthand?! Wow!! I just realized that’s been over 40 years ago now. I’m depressed. 🙁
LK
Leen Koper
Aug 30, 2003
Beth, Even worse: when I started to work as an assistant chartered accountant I learned that I didnot need to know how to use a typewriter because there were women to do this job for me. That’s almost 40 years ago too.

But, there ‘s still no reason to be depressed. The older we are, the wiser. That means we know in an earlier stage we are to make a mistake and still act as stupid as we did before. But at least we knew. 😉

Leen
TR
Tony Roocroft
Aug 31, 2003
Thanks very much Beth for your quick and very informative response, You have certainly given me plenty of information for me to have a play with.

Thanks again

Tony Roocroft
NS
Nancy S
Aug 31, 2003
Tony,

The best/fastest/safest way to get your images off of your card is to use a USB Card Reader, not a direct connection from camera to computer. There are card readers for all formats of media and they only cost around $20 US.

One just inserts the card in the reader, the reader shows up as a Removable Drive on your computer. Under this will be folders. Locate the folder containing the images and copy/paste the contents to a new folder you created prior to inserting the card or at the time you insert the card.
PD
Pete D
Aug 31, 2003
Actually there is a card reader on sale at Office Max this week.

Price is $29.99-$19.99 instant rebate and then – $10.00 mail in rebate = FREE!

PeteD

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections