CV
Posted By
colin_vogel
Oct 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How can i print the quivalent of a contact sheet but with the photos full size like they come from the photo develpers. I want to get three full size, but different, photos per A4 sheet. Is there some way I can alter the size of the photos in the contact sheett for example?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 11, 2003
Colin, if you’re using Elements version 2, there’s a Picture Package available under File>Print Layouts>Picture Package. You might find what you want there, or you can create a custom picture package using a plain text editor. That’s too much trouble for me, so I do it the old way that was developed by those of us who started out on Elements v.1.

First, make sure all of the pictures you want to print are the same resolution. Then, open a new blank canvas, 8 X 10, set to either white or transparent background, and also set to the same resolution as the pictures you want to print. Have the blank canvas open on your desktop. Now open each of the three pictures you want to print. Make sure each is simplified (layer pallet open, double click on the background image.) Select your Move tool and drag and drop the picture on to the new canvas. (Or you can copy/paste, too.) Once all three are placed, move them around the way you want them to appear. Depending on the size you choose, you might have to rotate one 90 degrees, which can be done by choosing its layer from the pallet and going to Image>Rotate>Rotate Layer. This sounds much more complicated than it really is, and many of us old timers still prefer it because it’s so flexible. This is also essentially the same technique you’d use if you wanted to create a collage.

If you do decide to use the Picture Package, make sure you check the resolution. I think it defaults to 72ppi, which is too low for a decent image. Make sure it matches your images, just like in the other method.

If you have any trouble, repost! Good luck.
LP
Luis_Puncel
Oct 13, 2003
I am not sure what you mean by "full size". However, if you can find the combination of picture sizes you want under the picture package option, there is a way to print a picture package of different pictues.

1. Open one of the pictures you want to print.
2. Select pictuere package under print layouts in the file menu.
3. Select the page size and layout you want. For example, you can print a sheet of four 3.5" x 5" pictures.
4. After you make your selection of the layout, in my example above, there will be four of the same picture showing in the preview pane.
5. Click on any one of the four pictures in the preview pane, and it will bring up a file browser box. Navigate to and select the picture you want to print instead.
6. Repeat step 5 until you have all the different pictures you want appearing in the preview.
LP
Luis_Puncel
Oct 15, 2003
Colin,

Just found this document at Adobe’s website:

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2f086.htm>

This may also be helpful.

Luis
SH
Sue_Hesketh
Oct 26, 2003
I also had trouble with printing multiple images on one page – now I understand it. But, how do you edit those different images if you are not first transferring them to the work area? Thanks
NS
Nancy_S
Oct 26, 2003
Sue,

This topic has been covered many times on this forum. I think doing a search here will produce links to the many good explanations.
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 26, 2003
Sue, Nancy is right that both the use of Picture Package and the manual method have been covered, and that link above does do a nice job of explaining both. My only additional comment is that you cannot edit your images after placing them on the sheet if you’re using Picture Package. If you choose the manual method – which does requiring opening each one first – you can do additional editing after the images are moved by working with it as a layer. However, there won’t be a full range of editing techniques available if you’re working with it as a layer. Unless you’re wanting to do a collage, it’s always best to edit before getting everything set to print.

So, if you want to edit after moving an image onto a full size sheet for printing, you’ll have to use the manual method.
JC
Jane_Carter
Oct 27, 2003
From a beginner’s view; I find that it is easier to do the manual method, because I do frequently find that I need to go back and correct things.
I tried it both ways, and practised a lot before I got a final image that was OK. Jane
CV
colin_vogel
Oct 28, 2003
Thank you – I now have some super photographs at last.
Colin

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections