Posted By
zooburner
Oct 19, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hiya there

I’m trying to create a TGA file with a transparent background.

Lets say for instance i want to create a file with the words ”HELLO”, save it, import it into a application that supports tga transparency so that only the word ”hello” appears and the rest of the file is transparent allowing the background to show through.

when I try saving tga files in PS 7.01 I always get a white background, this is driving me nuts, something tells me the solution is simple but i cant work it out.

looking forward to your reply

Zoo

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Oct 19, 2005
LenHewitt, "No alpha channel with Photoshop 7 targa files" #, 11 Jul 2002 10:35 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>
Z
zooburner
Oct 19, 2005
Thanks for the reply, but that doasnt actually tell me how to do it, I already have 7.01 so the plug in is already included, what i need to know is a step by step instruction on how to go about it, or perhaps a link to a turorial.

Zpp
SP
Scott_Perkins
Oct 19, 2005

7.01 can’t save a targa with a transparent background. You must revert to 7.0.

You might be able to replace the targa file format plug-in (Targa.8BI) in 7.01 with the one from 7.0 if you can get a hold of it. Those more knowledgable than I will know if this will work or not or whether it’s more complicated than that.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections