Posted By
JessiRight77
Mar 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, all.

I need to save a picture for my school project so that it has a totally transparent background. The REQUIRED file format is a TGA file.

I am totally new to Photoshop Elements, and I am trying to follow along with some of the tutorials I’ve found, but so far the versions are so different that I cannot find the options I need to choose. I am using Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 version.

Can anyone tell me how to save this file in a TGA format with a transparent background?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

G
Gaston
Mar 11, 2008
"JessiRight77" schreef in bericht
Hello, all.

I need to save a picture for my school project so that it has a totally transparent background. The REQUIRED file format is a TGA file.

I am totally new to Photoshop Elements, and I am trying to follow along with some of the tutorials I’ve found, but so far the versions are so different that I cannot find the options I need to choose. I am using Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 version.

Can anyone tell me how to save this file in a TGA format with a transparent background?

Hello,

I am dutch and my Photoshop is in Dutch.

1. make a new file in your dimensions as you wish and also in transparant. You can fill it with a part of a photo or with text.

2. Save as: and you can change jpg in TGA and thats all.

I hope I have helped You

Gaston

www.gastoncorbeau.nl
J
JessiRight77
Mar 12, 2008
Thank you for your reply!

I do have the transparent sections in my one-layer file (it is just a black arrow on a transparent background). But when I save it as a TGA file, it loses the transparency.

The instructions I am trying to follow for my class were done in Corel PSP, but I was told that PhotoShop could also handle TGA transparencies in a similar manner: They said to create a mask from the image, and then save the mask to an "alpha" channel. I don’t see any of these options in PhotoShop.

Any other suggestions? (grin)

Thanks so much!

Jessi
G
Gaston
Mar 12, 2008
"JessiRight77" schreef in bericht
Thank you for your reply!

I do have the transparent sections in my one-layer file (it is just a black arrow on a transparent background). But when I save it as a TGA file, it loses the transparency.

The instructions I am trying to follow for my class were done in Corel PSP, but I was told that PhotoShop could also handle TGA transparencies in a similar manner: They said to create a mask from the image, and then save the mask to an "alpha" channel. I don’t see any of these options in PhotoShop.

Any other suggestions? (grin)

Thanks so much!

Jessi

I dont know why you use TGA ?
When I make my presentations I use PNG
en that works always. Perhaps Give it a trye

Gaston

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections