K
Posted By
krstone
Jan 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When taking a picture in portrait view (holding the camera’s long axis upright), it appears sideways when opening. I rotate it 90 deg. so I can view and edit it right-side up.

If I then send this out for professional printing, will it be rotated back so that the info in the picture will fit a 4.6 portrait view, or will the printer crop the photo to fit into a landscape view? (If the latter, then should I rotate back to the original orientation view when finished editing?)

thanks,
ken

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NS
Nancy_S
Jan 1, 2004
Ken,

Rotate your image onscreen, edit it and save it. No matter who prints it out you will get a portrait orientation. If printing at home, one would just need to select portrait orientation for paper in the printer driver.

edit—if I am incorrect on this, somebody please chime in
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jan 1, 2004
I assume that after you rotate and enhance the picture in Elements, you save the file to your hard drive. Now, when you send this out for external printing, it should print out to the saved configuration. Perhaps you should copy a file to a CD or floppy and print out one picture at CVS or Walgreen or where have you for 29ยข to be sure it works out for you.
Ken
DS
Dick_Smith
Jan 1, 2004
If you save an image to 4×6 specs, it will print correctly on the automated machines at Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club. (the only ones I’ve used)

I just finished doing 38 prints of a church event that way. Some were portrait, some landscape. Since the paper the printes use is 6" wide roll paper, the printer automatically places the images correctly. When they are finished and cut, you’ll be able to use them the way you want.

Dick

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections