J
Posted By
joshbrainerd
Apr 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to create a resize droplet, but I’m running a problem.

I just want to reduce the size of a bunch of my pictures. They are all the same resolution/dimentions. When I create an action to do this it works on all the ones that are oriented one way, but PS rotates the others and applies the reduction to the wrong side

If I havn’t been clear above, here is an example:

Pictures have the resolution of 3264px X 2448px. I create an action that reduces the 3264px to 800px (and automatically changes 2448px to 600px). But some pictures it recognizes as being vertically oriented and applys the reduction to the 2448px side resulting in a 800px X 1067px picture.

Is there another way I should be doing this? Anyhelp would be appreciated. Thanks

Josh

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GD
George Dingwall
Apr 2, 2006
Hi Josh,

If you go to the Adobe Studio exchange site you will find some scripts in the Photoshop section that will resize images in proportion to their size regardless of their orientation.

http://share.studio.adobe.com/

I uploaded a couple of script sets a while back that do just this. If you do a search on my name in the Photoshop section ;

George Dingwall

you should find them OK. There are scripts by others which you could also try out. The only thing to watch, is that some scripts will only run on the version of Photoshop they were created on. None of them will run on version older than PS7 and not many of them will run on that version.

You can also use the "Fit Image" option in the automate menu, and CS and CS2 also have an image processor script supplied with them that have a resize option.

Hope this helps.

On 1 Apr 2006 22:18:53 -0800, wrote:

I’m trying to create a resize droplet, but I’m running a problem.
I just want to reduce the size of a bunch of my pictures. They are all the same resolution/dimentions. When I create an action to do this it works on all the ones that are oriented one way, but PS rotates the others and applies the reduction to the wrong side

If I havn’t been clear above, here is an example:

Pictures have the resolution of 3264px X 2448px. I create an action that reduces the 3264px to 800px (and automatically changes 2448px to 600px). But some pictures it recognizes as being vertically oriented and applys the reduction to the 2448px side resulting in a 800px X 1067px picture.

Is there another way I should be doing this? Anyhelp would be appreciated. Thanks

Josh

Bye for now,

George Dingwall

Invergordon, Scotland

http://freespace.virgin.net/george.gdingwall/index.html
J
joshbrainerd
Apr 2, 2006
George Dingwall wrote:
Hi Josh,

If you go to the Adobe Studio exchange site you will find some scripts in the Photoshop section that will resize images in proportion to their size regardless of their orientation.

http://share.studio.adobe.com/

I uploaded a couple of script sets a while back that do just this. If you do a search on my name in the Photoshop section ;

George Dingwall

you should find them OK. There are scripts by others which you could also try out. The only thing to watch, is that some scripts will only run on the version of Photoshop they were created on. None of them will run on version older than PS7 and not many of them will run on that version.

You can also use the "Fit Image" option in the automate menu, and CS and CS2 also have an image processor script supplied with them that have a resize option.

Hope this helps.

Looks like that will work. Thanks for pointing me to it. Unfortunatley their register new user isn’t working right now, so I’ll have to wait to find out.
Thanks again
Josh

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections