Posted By
Lamone
Jul 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey,
I’m using Photoshop CS version 8.0 with osX with a HP printer (one of the latest) I have a PSD file with transparent background. It is mostly type with a picture.It’s all layered out.
I’ve printed it out but the text does look blury even though the anti-alias is on. I’ve tried to change from strong to smooth and the others and still when printed it out, it doesnt look right.
Anyone would know what i am doing wrong

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SW
Scott_Weichert
Jul 25, 2004
if you flatten the file does it print well?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 25, 2004
What resolution?
L
Lamone
Jul 25, 2004
Hey guys,
Even when It’s flattened it doesnt print well. I’ve even tried another printer and redid the file. The resolution is 72, I would think with simple type (arial) 72 would be enough for print. THX
B
Buko
Jul 25, 2004
The resolution is 72

This is your problem. the files resolution should be a minimum 150ppi and would be better if it was 240 or 360ppi
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 25, 2004
Right, I suspected as much. 72 is far too low for print.
R
Ram
Jul 25, 2004
72 is far too low for print.

I agree with Ed, with emphasis on far too low.
L
Lamone
Jul 26, 2004
thx guys I’ll go on and change the flie’s resolution on each layer and see how it looks.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 26, 2004
I’m afraid it’s not going to be that easy. You may get the text looking okay but the picture will probably have to be resampled up and will suffer. It would have been better to start with a high rez file.

Could you perhaps do the type in another program like Illustrator and put the whole thing in InDesign?

BTW there’s no changing the rez on individual layers. The whole file has a set reolution.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections