RB
Posted By
Richard B Testa
Aug 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I Print a single image, Print Preview show the image centered vertically and horizontally. When I actually print it leaves a larger space at the botton. How Can I print the image centered? PSE 2, XP
Thanks
Ben

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RB
Richard B Testa
Aug 5, 2003
Ray
I have an Epson C80. When using other programs I can center the image and it prints centered. I don’t know what you mean by printing borderless. Thanks
Ben
R
Ray
Aug 5, 2003
I’ve discovered that, on my HP 940 Cvr, it cannot print totally centered. I can’t find why. So I always had a certain margin top and left, and everything gets printed right on spot.

A bordeless printer is one that has the ability to print on the entire surface of the paper. Mine can’t. It does 8 x 10 on 8.5 x 11 paper, and the same for 4×6 paper.

Ray
RB
Richard B Testa
Aug 5, 2003
Ray
Thanks to your lead I checked the printers layout tab and I checked the box in the Printable Area labled Centered and it now prints images centered in Elements.
Thanks very much,
Ben
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 5, 2003
Whoops! I spaced and hit the wrong thing. Sorry, folks. 🙂
DS
Dick Smith
Aug 5, 2003
Ben,

Probably the reason is that your image is presumed to be a specific size, i.e. 4×6, 5×7 or 8×10 but you are printing on an 8.5×11 inch piece of paper. Print Preview shows you the image on, probably, an 8×10 canvas.

So even tho it looks centered in print preview it will be offset on the paper.

Dick
RB
Richard B Testa
Aug 5, 2003
Dick
Thanks for your input. I solved the problem. I checked a box on my printers preference page labled "Centered" I now can print an image centered in PSE 2. What confused me was that I did not have to check this box when using other programs such as Word.
Ben
CH
Connie Harrington
Aug 5, 2003
I print a lot of 4 x 6 and really like the border even all around. I have found that if I check "maximize" which is listed to the right of "centered" (but also check centered), then it corrects for what the printer is wanting to do.

You get a warning that there may be distortion, but I haven’t been able to see any.
RB
Richard B Testa
Aug 5, 2003
Thanks Connie, I didn’t know that.
Ben

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections