I
Posted By
inphoenix
Apr 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just purchased an Olympus C-8080. I also have Photoshop Elements but the ver. is not listed in the Help/About screen. My license info is.
I printed out the P.I.M. information and it tells me how to use it in PE:

1.Open File/Import>PRINT Image Matching II
(but that option is not there at all. Not even grayed out.)

I checked the ‘download’ area of Adobe’s site for upgrades but noting mentioned P.I.M. (Print Image Matching).

It seems I have an unusable feature here.

I do have a printer (Epson 2200) that’s also capable of P.I.M.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 20, 2004
I’m not familiar with PIM, so I did a Google search. Check this link, because I think your questions will be answered. PIM requires a plugin that must be added before you’ll see anything in your File>Import menu. It happens to be a Mac site, but don’t panic. That just happened to be the first one that came up, but this is available for Windows, too. You’ll have to visit the Epson site for the right plugin for your equipment, and there’s a link to that in the article.

<http://www.creativemac.com/2002/11_nov/news/pimii021115.htm>

It does say this can be used in either Elements version 1 or version 2. If you don’t have a version number showing on your About Screen, then you probably have version 1. What kind of picture do you get? A weird eyeball thingy or a sunflower? The sunflower signifies version 2.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections