BG
Posted By
Bill_Goodwin
Jan 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am a new user of Photoshop Elements 2. I am trying to cover a large object by selecting it and changing its color to the area where it is and moving it back to its original location. I have lassoed (?) it and moved it to the area where I want to match the color. What do I do to match the area color so I can move it back? I could clone it but I think I can get a better match with the lasso. Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 1, 2004
Bill, I think I understand what you’re trying to do. Here’s one way:
1. Use the lasso to surround the area you want to cover
2. Create a new layer (Layer>New>Layer>OK
3. Make the background layer active in the Layers palette.
4. Use the Eyedropper tool to select the color you want to use to fill
5. Make the new layer active in the layers palette
6. You should still have the selection you made in step 1 visible. If not, go to Select>Reselect
7. Do an Edit>Fill and choose the option Foreground Color. Click OK. You should now have a colored patch over what you wanted to hide.

I’m not sure that’ll give you exactly what you want, but it’s a start.

Chuck
wrote in message
I am a new user of Photoshop Elements 2. I am trying to cover a large
object by selecting it and changing its color to the area where it is and moving it back to its original location. I have lassoed (?) it and moved it to the area where I want to match the color. What do I do to match the area color so I can move it back? I could clone it but I think I can get a better match with the lasso. Thanks.
BG
Bill_Goodwin
Jan 1, 2004
Thanks, Chuck, your suggestion answered my question.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections