SS
Posted By
Susie_Sahim
Apr 21, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m having this weird problem with using the transform feature on one of my smart objects in one of my files. You know when you are using transform and the quality of the image during the transform feature is very low so that the program runs faster but then when you commit to the transform, it re-renders the smart object to look nicer? Well for some reason with one of my smart objects, after I commit the resize, it looks just as horrible as the preview. It is as if the smart object is not anti-aliasing after I am resizing the object. I am resizing the smart object down to 10 percent of what its normal size is. My other smart objects in my file are resizing without problems and look just fine after resizing. But for some reason, this troublesome smart object looks like an aliased piece of crap after its resized. I’ve tried over and over again returning it to 100% and then scaling it down again. I’ve tried closing the file and reopening. I’ve also tried closing photoshop and restarting it again. I could not find any similar issues in the adobe forums. Help please

I’m using Photoshop CS2 and I’m NOT working with any imported content from illustrator or other programs. The smart object is not anything vector at all. It has two layers in it each with a layer mask.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SS
Susie_Sahim
Apr 21, 2007
Ok now other weird things are happening with this smart object. I added a new layer within it and painted something on it then saved it and closed it. then opened it again and the new layer’s content wasn’t displaying. I hid and unhid it and it still wont display. So my guess is that the smart object’s file must be corrupted. I’m going to just go back to my source file on this and recreate the smart object.

I hope this helps someone out there. if you plan to create a smart object and plan to do some heavy editing, save it as a regular psd first and do the majority of your painting and adjustments in that file. then when ready save it as a smart object in another file.
D
d-signer
May 9, 2007
In some cases after editing a smart object it will not get update in source doc. I dont’t know why but I know what to do: do not close window of the edited smart object until you make sure than it got update successfully when you have return to source document window (Ctrl+Tab). If not – then set focus on the smart object doc and then return to source doc again. If it will not help – then you need to save smart object in any file on disk and then Place it to the current doc.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections