SL
Posted By
sofa_lint
Feb 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to paste an object into photoshop CS that is joined in Freehand 10. When I do so, the area that is supposed to by punched out is filled in. The only way I can keep this from happening is if I change the export preference in Freehand from CMYK to photoshop 4/5. But it is critical that it ramain on CYMK or the colors are not correct. This is a new problem I have not had until I switched to freehand 10. Any ideas?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

T
tacitr
Feb 24, 2004
I am trying to paste an object into photoshop CS that is joined in Freehand 10. When I do so, the area that is supposed to by punched out is filled in.

Correct. FreeHand can not export PostScript to the clipboard in a way that Photoshop understands; compound paths are not preserved.

Save the FreeHand file as an EPS, then use Photoshop’s Place command to place the EPS.

Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
O
Odysseus
Mar 2, 2004
Michael wrote:
I am trying to paste an object into photoshop CS that is joined in Freehand 10. When I do so, the area that is supposed to by punched out is filled in. The only way I can keep this from happening is if I change the export preference in Freehand from CMYK to photoshop 4/5. But it is critical that it ramain on CYMK or the colors are not correct. This is a new problem I have not had until I switched to freehand 10. Any ideas?

I don’t have a lot of experience going from FH to Photoshop, but I’d try changing the path directions, or switching problematic objects from the "even-odd" fill method to the "nonzero winding number" (or maybe _vice versa_). Failing that, you might have better luck exporting your paths into AI format and bringing them into Photoshop that way (they should remain CMYK).

BTW, I didn’t see your question on Macromedia’s server, so many of the regulars here, including the MM staff, won’t have either. In order to reach the largest potential audience I recommend that you post through forums.macromedia.com instead of your usual news server.

Odysseus

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections