PS
Posted By
Paul_Spurling
Jul 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Before posting, I found a couple threads on the Photoshop Windows forum that seemed to answer my questions, but after constructing an action as close as possible to what was described there, it still doesn’t work for me. I know I’m overlooking something but can’t figure out what it is.

I am using Photoshop CS on Mac 10.2.8

When the OK button in the Automate window is clicked, it immediately opens the images in the selected folder, resizes and then disappears. The next image opens and so on. Everything looks fine. The only problem is, when I open the destination folder, there is nothing there!

Here is a link to a screen capture showing the steps in my actions. Can you tell me where I may be going wrong?

<http://www.peakdigitalpro.com/temp/SFW_actions.pdf>

I have tried the Override Action Save As commands, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference.

If you look at the linked file, the "In:" line of the ResizeToThumnails action (Yes I know Thumbnails is misspelled. oops), it does not specify a file name. I have no idea how that happened. In earlier versions it always had the filename I assigned it.

In those attempts, it was just saving every file as the same filename and overwriting each time. So of course then the destination folder had only one image in it.

Thanks.
Paul

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TS
travis_shaffer
Jul 26, 2004
i’m having the same problem. the problem is with save for web. you won’t have a problem just using the save as feature but then again, you won’t be getting your file size down like you might want. let me know if you’ve figured out a way around this.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 26, 2004
When you override Save In Commands do you specify a destination folder? Though I don’t think you need override for this action.

You might try combining the actions by adding the second action to the first action. I am not sure I see a reason to have them be two seperate actions.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections