Rename and Save As Action

Posted By
Aug 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am processing a few thousand imanges and thus I need a few actions. I have two folders, P and RAW. RAW are the original pictures and P contain the processed pictures.

The pictures are called XXXXXXX_RAW.JPG and once processed are called XXXXXXX_P.JPG.

I can get an action to save the image in the P folder, but how can I get it to strip off RAW and replace with P?

Any help would be much appreciated. I realise that it would be simplist to just call the files XXXXXXX.JPG and locate them in the RAW or P folder but thew client insists on doing it this way!

J.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

H
Hexebah
Aug 20, 2004
Choose Folder in the Destination drop-down
Select the P folder as your destination folder
Check Overide Action "save As.." command
In the file naming pane choose 4 digit serial number as your first option, _P as your second and Extension as the third.
R
Ram
Aug 20, 2004
The pictures are called XXXXXXX_RAW.JPG and once processed are called XXXXXXX_P.JPG.

If they have the ".jpg" extension, they are presumably JPEG files and, therefore, they cannot be RAW files.
G
graffiti
Aug 20, 2004
I wonder if it’s just a mix-up in the terminology.

RAW=unedited?
Aug 24, 2004
Yes, RAW is not the file type it means unedited. I would like to replace the word RAW with P.

So xyz_RAW.jpg becomes xyz_P.jpg.

I have to leave the first part of the name unaltered.

Currently I have a script which saves the new edited file in the P folder and I go through by hand changing RAW to P. This works but it could be better.

Any ideas?
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 24, 2004
‘A Better Finder Rename’ Is the program I use to rename files.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections