Posted By
Sahara Yak
Jun 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have 3000 odd pictures (all 4meg+ at 2048*…) and I want to manually crop them using 6 by 4 inches.

I would like to then have an action or script, I’m not sure which would be best or which can do what I want, that would do the following…

Resize to 650 by 433 and save to web at 90% quality into a different folder. Then undo the resize (or maybe have two actions?) and redo it at 300 by 200 save for web at 80% quality.

What is the best way to doing this – any suggestions welcome – I’m struggling with how actions work and can’t find an applescript that does this

Many thanks…

Email to yak AT pair.com

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

E
edjh
Jun 20, 2004
Sahara Yak wrote:

Hi,

I have 3000 odd pictures (all 4meg+ at 2048*…) and I want to manually crop them using 6 by 4 inches.

I would like to then have an action or script, I’m not sure which would be best or which can do what I want, that would do the following…
Resize to 650 by 433 and save to web at 90% quality into a different folder. Then undo the resize (or maybe have two actions?) and redo it at 300 by 200 save for web at 80% quality.

What is the best way to doing this – any suggestions welcome – I’m struggling with how actions work and can’t find an applescript that does this

Many thanks…

Email to yak AT pair.com
You should be able to do this with an action. Just record doing the whole thing with one file and Automate>Batch the action. Test it out with a few copied files to work out any glitches.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
G
Glo8al
Jun 21, 2004
On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:23:07 GMT, edjh wrote:

Sahara Yak wrote:

Hi,

Many thanks…

Email to yak AT pair.com
You should be able to do this with an action. Just record doing the whole thing with one file and Automate>Batch the action. Test it out with a few copied files to work out any glitches.

You could duplicate the current open file, then resize, save, close, then resize the original, save, close.

Open one file, create a new script.
Hit record then
Duplicate the open file
Resize it required size
Save to a different location in the format you want (do not change the name of the file, its easier to fix that later)
Command-W to close the file.
Resize the original file to required size.
Save to a different location in the format you want (do not change the name of the file, its easier to fix that later)
Stop recording.

Go, File, automate, Batch
Select action, select folder where original files are, if using profiling check (suppress colour warning) Don’t check any thing else Destination "none"
Errors "stop for errors"

Try in on a small amount of files, then go for it.
SY
Sahara Yak
Jun 21, 2004
On 21/6/04 11:58 am, in article ,
"Glo8al" wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:23:07 GMT, edjh wrote:

Sahara Yak wrote:

Hi,

Many thanks…

Email to yak AT pair.com

You could duplicate the current open file, then resize, save, close, then resize the original, save, close.

Open one file, create a new script.
Hit record then
Duplicate the open file
Resize it required size
Resize the original file to required size.
Stop recording.

Go, File, automate, Batch
Select action, select folder where original files are, if using profiling check (suppress colour warning) Don’t check any thing else Destination "none"
Errors "stop for errors"

Try in on a small amount of files, then go for it.
Thanks very much, will have a bash at it….

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections