Cannot Open Photoshop 7 or 8 (cs) files by double-cliking on them!

D
Posted By
dsimoni
Jul 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help! I’ve done everything I can to get Photoshop 7 and 8 files to open by double clicking or dragging the files over the photoshop icon. Neither works—forcing me to open the files from within Photoshop. A royal pain!

Yes, I know how to change the Open With preference by going Command-I and changing the preference for single for files or for all. That doesn’t work either. Doing that will launch Photoshop but it won’t open the files.

Curiously, I can use any of the above methods to open files in Photoshop Elements. Any help would be appreciated. I’m on a Titanium Powerbook running the most recent version of Panther (10.3.4).

Thanks in advance for any help 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Jul 13, 2004
Please read the FAQs. Second topic from the top.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee9d6b1>
AS
andrew_spiering
Jul 15, 2004
this issue is usually caused by updating from 10.2.x to 10.3.x and what you can do to fix the issue is reinstall photoshop or follow the FAQ where it talks about getting some files from the previoues system folder. But i would just recommend reinstalling the application.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections