PI
Posted By
Patricia_Isaac
Jul 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a Power PC G4 running system 10.3 with 466 MHz and 768 MB SDRAM. I was given a Photoshop CS upgrade to my Photoshop7. When I try to install it the installer unexpectedly quits. Does anybody know what the problem is. Do I have a bad CD?

Pat

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Jul 8, 2004
I was given a Photoshop CS upgrade to my Photoshop7 … Do I have a bad CD?

Would you kindly elaborate on that?

Also have you upgraded to OS 10.3.4?
B
Buko
Jul 8, 2004
Who gave you the upgrade disk?

is it an Adobe disk?
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 9, 2004
Buko beat me to the question. Can you please elaborate on this CS CD-ROM?

And how you tried to install? And whether you’ve upgraded to 10.3.4? And if you’ve repaired permissions and run Disk Warrior before installing? Thanks.

Neil
PI
Patricia_Isaac
Jul 9, 2004
Hi to all who answered.
The CD was purchased new from MacWharehouse. I have not upgraded to 10.3.4, but am in the process of doing that. I have a dial-up connection so it takes awhile. I am also running Macaroni which fixes permissions. Is upgrading to 10.3.4 the problem?

Pat
B
Buko
Jul 9, 2004
Photoshop CS should install just fine in Panther with no problems. I installed it with the first version of Panther 10.3 but I have also installed it on 10.3.3 boxes I have not had the opportunity to install in 10.3.4 yet.

Repairing permissions before and after the install is recommended I would also install the 10.3.4 update. I would also recommend Cocktail for doing maintenance routines.
R
Ram
Jul 9, 2004
Try temporarily disabling all fonts except the System ones. Disabling Norton Anti Virus is also a good idea.
PI
Patricia_Isaac
Jul 9, 2004
I’m not sure how to disable all fonts except the system ones. How do I do that? I don’t have Norton anti virus. I did try repairing the permissions just before I installed, but that didn’t work either.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections