Non-Postscript Printers with Adobe with OS 9.x ?

CM
Posted By
Carrie_McManus
Jun 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Epson Stylus R800 Printer (non-PS) okay for Adope Apps on Mac OS 9?

We have a dual-platform network — and I’ve been using an HP deskjet 1220c for years. Not the greatest, but it worked fine with my Mac (graphics apps from Illustrator to Photoshop to Quark — lots of printing on label paper, as I make custom wine labels) AND our PCs for general office stuff.

Just bought an Epson R800 because of the superior inks, etc.

Can’t seem to network it into both the PC and the MAC — but can do either one at a time.

I didn’t even REALIZE (knothead that I am) that this was a NON-POSTCRIPT printer.

What does that mean to these Adobe applications on the Mac side? Will I have all the functionality that I am accustomed to?

Help? Should I punt on this printer?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
MarkATS
Jun 30, 2004
The deskjet wasn’t PostScript either, so you should enjoy the same, if not better functionalty with the Epson.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 30, 2004
Perhaps there was a PS version of the 1220c — 1220C/PS maybe?

[I still have the earlier 1200C/PS which is a PostScript printer.]
TL
Tim_Lookingbill
Jul 1, 2004
Not all Epson printers are networkable without buying extra hardware/sw for it as well.
CM
Carrie_McManus
Jul 1, 2004
Cool. Thanks — it seems to do everything I could do before (except network with the PCs). I know too little about all this stuff. Just enough to do some damage.
CM
Carrie_McManus
Jul 1, 2004
Yes, that seems to be the rub. I think we’ll buy a "cheap" printer for the PC side, and use the Epson for the Mac high-quality graphic stuff. Either that, or look into a USB hub?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections