RG
Posted By
reid greenlaw
Sep 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to print in B & W using the grey scale, there is a blue/green cast. The photo was scanned as a B & W photo. These are head shots printed on a Canon 850i set to print on glossy photo paper. However, plain paper printing is B & W but very grainy.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BB
brent bertram
Sep 3, 2003
Reid,
It’s quite common to get a color cast when printing a B&W image using the color inks. Perhaps a perfectly profiled display would give you perfect results , but I doubt it. <G> I get very good results with my Epson 890 and profiles made with Monaco EZcolor, but that’s a little more money than most people want to pay. If you have time, take a look at Norman Korens site, particularly <http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints4.html> . He has an older method for creating his own custom print settings which worked for him for several years . Some such manual color adjustment system, may be what you need .

🙂

Brent
PD
Peter Duniho
Sep 3, 2003
"reid greenlaw" wrote in message
When I try to print in B & W using the grey scale, there is a blue/green
cast.

Look in the Canon printer driver settings for a "black and white" option. As Brent says, it may be that your printer is trying to print the image using color ink, rather than black ink.

That said, while I’m not familiar with the Canon printer, my older Epson’s black ink has a decidedly green tint to it, especially when you look at it side-by-side with a printer that has a really good black (like a laser printer, for example). It’s possible that your printer is showing you the best black and white it’s capable of.

Pete

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections