RR
Posted By
Robert_Rundbaken
Jun 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop CS. I am using an iMac OS X with a 17" monitor I have been trying to print with CS and with Elements but my prints do not match what I have in PS. They are overly cool. Basically the colors are off. I assigned the Adobe RGB 1998 color profile to the image, I’ve tried printing with the colorsync option, none and BJ standard. Same results. I have tried other color profiles. The images come from a canon digital camera, the D60.

However when I printed via Acrobat Reader after previewing, the print came out significantly closer to what I am seeing on the monitor.

This color problem occured in Elements and now in CS. Is there some other setting for the printer that I am missing regarding color management?

I am using a Canon i950, using canon paper (glossy plus). I have the correct paper settings when I go to print. I have tried all sorts of settings and always the same poor results when I print from PS. What am I missing that is causing this? I am at my wits end as this has been going on for a couple of months and I have not found a solution while burning dozens of images.

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GB
g_ballard
Jun 25, 2004
PS> Image> Mode>ASSIGN (AdobeRGB) Profile is only the correct move IF the file actually is AdobeRGB.

The Canon driver is a bit convoluted for me…may want to try feeding it sRGB…

If your monitor is good,
Photoshop’s color management not broke,
I would look into the printer utility driver to see exactly where the SourceSpace is being Converted into the (what) PrintSpace — and — if you have any print-driver color management on that is hosing the Conversion…

I like to explain a Photoshop/Epson workflow like this:
<http://www.gballard.net/nca.html>

Andrew Rodney:
<http://digitaldog.imagingrevue.com/tips/>

Ian Lyons:
<http://www.computer-darkroom.com/home.htm>

And if u got the green for private lessons:
<http://www.imagingrevue.com/>

After you get PS7 PS8 PSCS Color Management, and Epson workflow nailed down, this link is likely your best free resource to read up on SoftProof and workflow:

Bruce Fraser articles page:
<http://www.creativepro.com/author/home/40.html>
SS
Sheryl_Smith
Jul 3, 2004
Hi I ahd all the same probs but eventuallcure them all bar one. after much searching and many forums I recallibrated my moniter and then went to a great sight recomended by someone else from this forum
www.computer-darkroom.com and in tutorials used [colour management and adobe photoshop cs]. the best and most accurate colour seems to print out at 720dpi and higher. I have an epson and i still cant get the friggin thing to print accurately on glossy parer and in lots of the forums it seems itts a common problem. which insidently I anm looking for an answer today
cheers
SS
Sheryl_Smith
Jul 3, 2004
Hi I had all the same probs but eventually I cured them all bar one. after much searching and many forums I recallibrated my monitor and then went to a great sight recommended by someone else from this forum
www.computer-darkroom.com and in tutorials used [colour management and adobe photoshop cs]. the best and most accurate colour seems to print out at 720dpi and higher. I have an epson and I still cant get the friggin thing to print accurately on glossy parer and in lots of the forums it seems itts a common problem. which insidently I anm looking for an answer today
cheers
R
Ram
Jul 3, 2004
Sheryl,

Give us more details. Exactly which Epson printer and what paper are you using? What are your Color Settings and Printer Driver settings?

If by chance you’re using Kodak paper, you’re never going to get accurate colors.
SS
Sheryl_Smith
Jul 3, 2004
epson 1290 and epson glossy paper roll and paper.
SS
Sheryl_Smith
Jul 3, 2004
lost you there for a minute
Print settings NO MARGINS
STANDARD
PREMIUM GLOSSY
COLOUR INK
ADVANCE SETTINGS TICK MICRO, HIGH SPEED AND FINEST DETAIL.
R
Ram
Jul 3, 2004
Thanks for clarifying, Sheryl.

I’ve never used that printer, so this first remark may not apply to you. On the Epson 2200 I wouldn’t expect to get good prints on plain "Epson glossy paper". My printer requires "Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper" if I want glossy, but it uses different inks from yours.

I’m sure other users of the 1280/1290 will jump in soon enough, but they are going to need the same information I had mentioned: What are your Color Settings and Printer Driver settings? Look for your Color Settings in the Photoshop Menu and describe the whole dialog box there.

Also everything you see under the (CHECKED) Show More Options box in the Print With Preview Command dialog box, and whether you have "NO COLOR ADJUSTMENT" checked in the Epson driver dialog box so that Photoshop is doing all the color adjustments and you’re not letting the Epson driver do a second, double conversion.
R
Ram
Jul 3, 2004
BUMPing this thread hoping you see this thread first, before your duplicate and triplicate posts.
SS
Sheryl_Smith
Jul 3, 2004
??????????
I dont know about threads
Ill do more homework
sheryl
IL
Ian_Lyons
Jul 3, 2004
Sheryl,

I deleted the duplicate threads you started.

Ian
GB
g_ballard
Jul 3, 2004
if the specific Epson paper, Epson ink, Epson profile is giving you the ….s, then either the profile is bad (or you missed something).

The Conversion takes place:

Epson Print Utility:

Source Space = File’s color space
Print Space = The Specific Printer/Paper/Ink ICCprofile/ColorSyncProfile/ColorSpace

In post #1 I gave you the best information available, you really need to stop and take some time to read it unless you can come back in on the same page and ask specific questions I don’t know how to help you.
RR
Robert_Rundbaken
Aug 31, 2004
Hi,

Sorry for the delay, we just had a baby. I did solved my color problems by using PS CS, Canon paper and inks. I’m using a Canon i950 printer.

However the highest I have been setting the dpi is 300 since that was the suggested size for prints (my biggest prints are 8×10 and 5×7 but most are 4×6). But I’m going to experiment with higher dpi.

I am getting greatcolor now using the embedded color profile from my camera which is the srgb iec61966-2.1. I recalibrated my monitor to something that pleases my eye and I now seem to be getting pretty accurate prints.

I can’t explain the problems before when I used PS Elements. Everything was bluish no matter what settings I tried.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections