S
Posted By
swilson439
Apr 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Yes I went into the printer driver clicked ICM and selected no color adjustment. This is to disable the printer driver. This is why I’m
so frustrated. I followed the directions to a T. HELP please.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 20, 2005
You can’t click ICM AND No Color Adjustment – those are mutually exclusive choices.
S
swilson439
Apr 20, 2005
Chris, to make the No color adjustment box appear, I must mark the ICM. This opens up the No color adjustment box and when I put my check in there the ICM circle stays filled in. So I have ICM checked and No Color adjustment checked. I have the Epson 2200. Is something wrong with this software??
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Apr 21, 2005
Different driver versions do this differently. Apple drivers, for example, have "No Color Adjustment" or "None" as a selection right next to "ICM," while on the Windows driver I use, you must select "ICM" and then check "No Color Adjustment." You are doing what you should be doing, swilson, at least with respect to this driver.

I assume you are picking the proper paper type in the Epson driver. Are you using a standard Epson paper and profile, just to eliminate variables? For example, use Epson Enhanced Matte paper with Matte Black ink, select that paper in the driver at 1440, and use the Epson "SP2200 EnhancedMatte 1440MK.icc" profile for the print space in PS Print with Preview.

What are you setting the source space to? Do you have soft proofing turned on or off?
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 21, 2005
and can you print ok from other apps? from a test print?
S
swilson439
Apr 21, 2005
I was using Epson SP2200 premium semigloss 2880PK soft proof is off. Then I tried Epson Enhanced Matte 1440MK.icc soft proof is off.

I tried to print on my cheap version of Print shop and the picture looks beautiful, just like my monitor. I have been going through the color management process step by step and after each line I change, I print and the picture is fine UNTIL I get to the file>print and have to select a profile. Once I select the Icc of the paper, the print turns magenta/purple. Now the only way I can get rid of the purple is to delete the photoshop setup and return the defaults.
S
swilson439
Apr 21, 2005
A new finding. When I go to file>print with preview and select a profile, if I pick my monitor calabration profile or Adobe RGB(1998), I can print a normal picture BUT if I pick a type of paper profile, the picture turns magenta. Does this give anyone any clues as to my problem? Thanks in advance, Susan
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Apr 21, 2005
Susan: I have posted screenshots of how I have my print with preview and Epson driver dialogs set, which work successfully for me; the key settings are marked. Click here <http://camsul.com/pwpsettings.jpg> for print with preview, here <http://camsul.com/epsonsettings.jpg> for Epson driver. Are you using the same settings?
JH
Jake_Hannam
Apr 21, 2005
Susan,

Is it possible that when you select the paper profile the saved setting is turning Color Management back ON. Load the profile, recheck all the settings, and then REsave and see if that makes a difference.

Also, make sure you have run Adobe Gamma to calibrate your monitor.
S
swilson439
Apr 22, 2005
Michael, I am using the exact screens you use with all the same things checked EXCEPT, I just discovered, if I click print preview the preview that pops up is purple and therefore the print prints purple BUT if I don’t check print preview, My picture is no longer purple. So I guess that is my problem. I don’t understand why I can’t preview my print but for some reason, that turns everything purple. Does this make any sense to you? Thanks for all your helpful messages. Maybe when I check the print preview box, the program gets confused with which driver to use? I don’t know. Thanks again, Susan
S
swilson439
Apr 22, 2005
Jake, thanks for the suggestion. I use the Spyder to calibrate my monitor.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Apr 22, 2005
Presumably if you check print preview in the printer driver, it shows the picture with the profile applied by Photoshop. Maybe when you click to print from the driver’s preview, it reactivates ICM and adds the profile again. Solution: don’t check print preview in the driver.
S
swilson439
Apr 23, 2005
Thanks Michael for the communications. I am not doing the print preview thing anymore. Have you ever use it? Did your preview look purple? Wondering if I’m the ONLY ONE who had this problem.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Apr 23, 2005
I looked at the print preview (with profile applied) once. That was enough for me to know I wouldn’t have any need to look at it again.
S
swilson439
Apr 23, 2005
So does that mean it looked purple and you won’t look at it again or did that mean your print preview looks good.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Apr 24, 2005
When using a profile in PS, the printer driver’s preview shows the file with the profile applied, so it’s all magenta. Since I use the profile in PS instead of having the printer manage color, there is no point in looking at the driver’s preview, which isn’t helpful to me with its magenta overtones.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections