H
Posted By
Hexebah
Jun 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok, I have adjusted the footprint for my healing brush.
The angle has been set to 32 and the roundness set to 80.

When I use the healing brush, the brush appears to spin while making a stroke. This isn’t noticable with a round brush. Is this normal behaviour or is there a way to disable this?

The machine is a DP/2G G5 with 2 Gb of RAM.
Using Photoshop CS with all the latest updates (Apple & Adobe). The system is new with minimal software installed.

Thanks

Chip

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AW
Allen_Wicks
Jun 23, 2004
What % RAM allocated to PS? Try 65%.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 24, 2004
Check the brush palette for settings – it’s probably set to rotate following the pressure or angle of the stroke.
H
Hexebah
Jun 24, 2004
Thanks guys

My RAM set to 60%.

Chris, I have checked all the settings (healing brush has only a few options) and cannot find anything relating to rotate following pressure. I will keep looking though.

FWIW this also happens on my G4 400 at home.

Chip
H
Hexebah
Jun 24, 2004
Me again…

I’m stumped on this.
The spinning healing brush has now been noticed on 2 Macs and One PC. The PC had a fresh install of CS and the only settings changed were the healing brush?!

We do have another workstation (PC) that isn’t showing this issue. I have scoured every dialog and setting I can find and I’m baffled.

If anyone has any suggestions at all, I’m all ears…

Chip
R
Ram
Jun 24, 2004
Are tablets involved? Are all the images 16-bit?
H
Hexebah
Jun 24, 2004
Hi Ramón

No tablets and images are 8-bit.
I’m sure Murphy has it in for me lately 😉

Thanks
CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 25, 2004
You have to be using a brush preset that is set to rotate with stroke angle or pressure.

Use a different preset.
H
Hexebah
Jun 25, 2004
Thanks Chris

Figured it out. Here’s what’s happening.
If I reset the tool presets (all tools) and select the default healing brush preset, then change the roundness setting, the tool works correctly.

Here’s how to get yourself a Spinning Healing Brush – Hey, works for me! Control click (right-click) the healing tool fly-out menu at the left of the Options Bar and select Reset Tool. Now set your healing brush’s roundness setting to something lower than 100%

ciao

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections