P
Posted By
photoone
Jan 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am on the right layer. it is turned on and it is selected. My layer is not locked. fill is 100% & opacity is 100 %. the file is not read only. All four channels are selected. My brush is selected. mode is normal opacity is 100%. FLOW IS 100%. use all layers is either on or off it does not matter. I have turned computer on & off several times. Running XP pro. Photoshop 7.0. Using files from hard drive not cd. Have used several different photos unrelated to each other with same results. Dodge & burn tools do not work.

pencil tool works. type tool works. all select tools work however the editing tools do not work within the selected areas.

help
greg

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Jan 8, 2004
have you checked feathering? I’m stumped. As a last resort have you reset your prefrences per the faq?

Mathias Vejerslev "How to delete/reset Photoshop preferences" 2/11/03 12:04pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>
P
photoone
Jan 8, 2004
Dave,

when i make a selection the feather is enabled. But i’m not sure if that is your question.

greg
P
photoone
Jan 8, 2004
I reset my preferences as per faq. It reset but did not fix my problem.

greg
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jan 8, 2004
Not sure if this helps…I had a similar problem in Elements 2.0. In the end I discovered that I had the Tablet option checked in the brush options. It turned out that I wasn’t applying enough pressure to see the changes which seemed to be about 1 or 2 pixels in width.
P
photoone
Jan 8, 2004
Colin,

Yes you helped.

went to windows
brushes
brush preset
(or brushes shortcut)
other dynamics was selected.
turning that off fixed my problem.

thank-you

greg
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 9, 2004
bang. good call colin!
FV
Frank_Vilare
Feb 9, 2004
I had the very same problem with Photoshop CS and in my case "shape dynamics" was checked. Unchecked and bingo. Boy, I was loosing my patience on this one.

Thanks Colin.

Frank
CW
Colin_Walls
Feb 9, 2004
Anyone know why Shape Dynamics seems to get checked by default. I am forever unchecking it and don’t know how to get it to stay that way.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections