DB
Posted By
Davide_B.
Nov 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anyone ever noticed healing brush in Photoshop CS is slowed down?

I do lot of restoration work, mainly B/W 16bit, and it’s almost impossible to use that tool in CS because of its slowness.
Any advice/suggestion?
Thanks,

Davide

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Nov 14, 2003
what are your machine specs and os? how big are the files? how big is the windows scratch file? how big is the ps scratch file? do you have a large amt of plugins and/or fonts, etc.

the more info you give us the more likely someone can help. dave
DB
Davide_B.
Nov 14, 2003
Dave,
I have a PC with AthlonXP 1700+, Win2000 SP3, 512+128 MB SDRAM. Image size is around 100MB each for B/W (300MB for RGB).
I do not complain about general slowness: Photoshop 7 is well working, and it seems me strange the same tool on the same picture with Photoshop CS could show that big difference in elaboring time!
Thanks for your quick reply,

Davide
SB
Scott_Byer
Nov 14, 2003
The quality got boosted, and that will account for some slowdown. Machine type can account for some more (what kind of box do you have?). And I think that combined with 16-bit it’s a little worse. But, go ahead and post relevant machine info and we’ll see if we can’t figure something out.

-Scott
DB
Davide_B.
Nov 17, 2003
Scott,

I could imagine PS folks did some general improovement (although I haven’t read any news about healing brush). I try to update my PC (read my previous post to know the spec – it’s not the state of art, but…) often, but, sincerely, I could not suppose that loss of performance. Currently, I switch between 7 (healing and cloning) and CS (16bit handling, transform and so on), which is annoying, but the cheaper solution!
I’ll try to test different combos — even if I’m pretty sure some RAM supplement won’t increase so much the performances, it’s like a CPU overworking trouble.
Davide

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections